Simple Corn Salad
Sweet corn is one of the many popular foods consumed throughout the summer. Instead of just boiling or grilling your sweet corn, here is a simple recipe for you to try that is perfect for a picnic or summer gathering. This corn salad, made from fresh vegetables and herbs, will definitely add splash of color to your table.
- 5 ears corn, boiled or grilled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Fresh cilantro, to taste
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Remove corn kernels with a knife and place in large bowl.
Add tomato, onion and green pepper and toss to combine.
Add the lime juice and olive oil.
Snip in pieces of fresh cilantro and season with salt and pepper to your taste preference.
Serve the salad and enjoy.
f you are looking for a quick and easy way to remove the husks and silk from sweet corn – try this technique.
- Cut about an inch off the bottom of the ears of corn.
- Then place the ears of corn on a microwavable plate. Cook in the microwave for two to four minutes. This will create enough steam and moisture for the corn to separate from the husk.
- Take the corn out of the microwave and squeeze the top of the ear. The sweet corn should slide right out. Note: Be careful when sliding the corn out because it may be hot. Use an oven mitt or glove to prevent your hands from burning.