Mello Yellow Poke Cake
Make this Mello Yellow Poke Cake for a delicious dessert with a zesty twist. A delicious lemon cake made with a classic soda and pineapple, you and your family will want to have this cake again and again!
- 1 (16.5 oz.) pkg. lemon cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 C. vegetable oil
- 1 (12 oz.) can or bottle Mello Yellow soda
- 1 (8 oz.) can can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 C. toasted or plain sweetened flaked coconut
Place 1 package lemon cake mix in a 9″ by 13″ pan. Make a well in the center of the cake mix.
Pour 3 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, and 12 ounces Mello Yellow soda into the well. MIx until blended.
Fold in an 8 oz. can of crushed, drained pineapple. Spread the batter evenly and bake according to package directions (should be approximately 45 minutes).
Once the baking is done, poke holes inside it with a wooden spoon.
Drizzle a 14 oz. can of sweetened, condensed milk over the cake. Allow it to cool.
Spread an 8 oz. tub of whipped topping over the cake.
Top with 1/2 cup flaked, toasted coconut. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.