Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars
Brace yourself; this Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bar is so delicious it will knock you out of this world! Just make sure to grab yourself a piece early, because once your friends and family taste them, they’ll be gone in a flash!
- 1 (1 lb.) pkg. oatmeal cookie mix
- 3 Granny Smith or Gala apples
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, pour 1 package oatmeal cookie mix. Add 1/2 cup butter.
Set aside half of the crumb and butter mixture for later.
Place the other half in a 9 x 13″ pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
While the mixture is baking, combine 2 packages cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
Beat until smooth.
Core and slice 3 apples and finely chop.
In a bowl, combine apples, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg. Mix well.
When cookie mixture is done baking, remove from oven and spread cream cheese mixture evenly across the top.
Sprinkle cream cheese mixture with apple mixture.
Add remaining cookie mixture to top. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until topping has set.