Your Fundraising Facebook Guide
Why Use Facebook Groups to Promote
- Provide information to supporters. Use your Group to allow supporters to connect with you as the leader, their individual seller, and each other. This will encourage a community to build around your fundraiser.
- Create a sense of community. By building strong relationships in your Facebook Group, supporters will feel that they are a part of something bigger and will be encouraged to join in the fun!
- Engage consistently. With Facebook Groups, it is easy to reach supporters quickly and efficiently. Not only can YOU post, but anyone who is a member can too. This provides an engagement unlike any other.
How to Create a Facebook Group
- The first thing you should do is look for the “Groups” section of Facebook and then click “+” or the “create” button. NOTE: All devices are going to have a different design and different location where sections and buttons will be found.
- Type in the Group’s name.
- Choose a privacy option. If you choose public, anyone can see who is in the Group and what they post. If you choose private, only members of your Group can see who is in the Group and what they post.
- Enter the names of the people you would like to join your Group including co-leaders, sellers and possible supporters.
- Note: Anyone who is in your Group can invite their friends to be in it as well. Once the Group is created, encourage your sellers to invite people who they think will support the fundraiser. This will allow the fundraiser to reach as many as possible with this platform.
- Once set up, create posts using our Social Media Toolbox to encourage supporters to purchase from your Rada Cutlery Fundraiser. Check out our Facebook Live Guide for another fun way to connect with supporters!
How to Create a Facebook Event
- From your Facebook Newsfeed, click “Events” in the menu, and then select “Create a New Event.”
- Choose a privacy option. If you make it public, you’ll be able to take advantage of the easy promotions below to help boost your fundraiser. Once you choose this, it cannot be changed later.
- Fill in the name of your group, the start and end time, and event description.
- Click create, and you’ll be taken to your event. Start inviting guests, add a cover photo and start sharing posts with your supporters!
- You can create these posts using our Social Media Toolbox to encourage supporters to purchase from your group’s Rada Cutlery Fundraiser. Check out our Facebook Live Guide or Facebook Group Guide to learn more about how you can promote your fundraiser on social media.
Why Use Facebook Events to Promote
- Easy to invite people to your fundraiser. Creating a public Facebook event allows anyone on Facebook to invite themselves and their friends to your fundraiser. This is the perfect way to grow your supporter base with little to no effort and make your fundraiser wildly successful!
- Facebook will suggest the event to your friends. By making your Facebook event public, Facebook will help you reach supporters you may not normally be able to. It will advertise your event to friends which is just as good as a direct invitation to join!
- Increase customer engagement. With Facebook Events, you will be able to create a community for your supporters to interact. They can comment and connect with one another about which products they bought, and which are their favorites to use in the kitchen. It will also allow you to make mass announcements to your supporters about things like Email-a-Friend, deadlines, and so much more!
- Share your group’s cause. With a Facebook Event, you can share why your group is raising money. By sharing your group’s cause, your supporters will feel they are a part of something bigger than just a fundraiser!
Why Hold a Facebook Live Video
- Provide unique content to your potential supporters. Live streaming allows an instant, real-time source of content for viewers that is unlike any other social media tool.
- It’s completely FREE. All you need is your smartphone, tablet, iPad, or laptop to hold a Live.
- Create excitement about the Rada Cutlery brand. If you promote your Live, your supporters will be just as excited as you are.
- Connect with your audience. Lives allow your supporters to come to one spot for all their questions while participating. It is important to offer this personal approach and make a connection.
- Increase traffic and real-time engagement. By holding Lives and asking viewers to share the Live, more people will visit your page/Group and be encouraged to support your fundraiser.
How to Start a Facebook Live Video
- Decide where to promote your fundraiser. Use your personal Facebook profile, your Group’s page OR a Facebook Group (check out our Facebook Group Guide for creating a Group).
- Click “What’s on your mind?” and scroll down to find “Live Video.”
- Type in your description of the Live and any links you may want to add. You can also include these in the comments after you start the Live and pin them to the top for all to see.
- Now select “Start Live Video,” and find a comfortable spot to set your device for the duration of the Live.
Ideas for Facebook Live Videos
- Host a Q&A session. Answering supporters’ questions will provide them extra information and help them make a purchase with confidence.
- Interview a supporter who loves Rada products. Invite a supporter who has previously purchased to join your Live and discuss their purchase(s) and share a real-life experience.
- Feature and make a recipe. Your supporters would love to see you in the kitchen using the products that you rave about!
Tips for Having a Successful Live Video
- Act like you are speaking to one person. Pretend that you are chatting with a good friend; this will help you to be personable and relatable to your supporters.
- When you first begin your Live, be sure to communicate what you will be discussing. Tell people who are watching to comment and say hi, Like your Live and even share it with their friends. This will lead to a much more interactive and fun Live for your viewers.
- End your Live by asking your supporters to complete the goal. Whether your goal is to have them visit your fundraising store link or Group website, or check out a specific product that you discussed, be sure to remind them of this goal.