This year for Valentine’s Day surprise your special someone with a homemade gift that will satisfy their sweet tooth by baking them Brownie Heart Bites. This simple dessert is perfect for Valentine’s Day does not take long to make.
Here is what you will need for Brownie Heart Bites:
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s cocoa
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of chopped nuts (this is optional)
- heart shaped cookie cutter
How to make Brownie Heart Bites:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a square baking pan, the Rada Cutlery Square Baker also works extremely well for these brownies.
- In a large bowl mix the melted butter, sugar and vanilla together.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Next in a separate bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Gradually add this to the egg mixture. Add the nuts if you want. Use the Cook’s Spoon to make this process as simple as possible.
- Now pour the mixture evenly into the baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the pan’s sides.
- Allow the brownies to cool a bit, then take the heart shaped cookie cutter and cut out hearts.
- Serve and enjoy! We served our Brownie Bite Hearts in Valentine’s Day cupcake holders.
You can also frost your brownies with a homemade frosting. This easy frosting recipe is easy to do and can be made while the brownies are baking with three simple steps.
For the frosting you will need:
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 3 tablespoon Hershey’s cocoa
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup—honey also would work
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk
How to make simple frosting:
- Combine the butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and milk.
- Beat to spreading consistency. You can use food color to add color to the frosting as well. The Super Spreader is perfect for evenly spreading frosting.