Fall is here, and there’s no better way to usher in the change of the season than a bowl of this delicious Sweet Potato Soup! Featuring sweet and rich flavors, this dish will warm you up on a chilly day. Make a big pot for your friends and family!
Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup sweet potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Peel 2 medium sweet potatoes.
Chop peeled sweet potatoes until you have 1 1/2 cup’s worth.
Boil the sweet potatoes until soft.
In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook 1 tablespoon flour and 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, stirring constantly until it achieves a light caramel color.
Add 1 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1 tablespoon light brown sugar. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer.
Stir in sweet potatoes, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes more.
Puree the soup and return to the saucepan.
Add 1 cup milk and salt and pepper to taste.
Serve and enjoy this wonderful sweet potato soup!
The Best Vegetable Peeler!
The Rada Vegetable Peeler is an amazing utensil you’ll use again and again! This stainless steel product features an innovative design that allows the user to peel up or down, left or right. The surgical-quality blade effortlessly peels all sorts of fruits and vegetables, while a Lifetime Guarantee ensures that you’ll be using it for years to come!
The online Rada Kitchen Store has the Vegetable Peeler ready for home delivery!
A Great Non-Scratch Soup Ladle!
The Rada Non-Scratch Soup Ladle is the best way to stir and serve your favorite soups! Featuring a 1/3 cup capacity for ideal portion control and a sturdy metal stem for reliability, this ladle is assured frequent use in any kitchen. Use it to serve soup, punch, sauces, and more! Like all Rada products, it’s made in the USA, and comes with a Lifetime Guarantee!
Visit the online Rada Kitchen Store to get your own Non-Scratch Soup Ladle!
The Best Chef Knife!
The Rada French Chef knife is the ideal cooking knife for any home chef! Featuring a lengthy blade that’s hand-sharpened to a razor’s edge, it easily cuts vegetables, meats, fruits, and much more. Made in the USA and backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, the French Chef knife is sure to become one of your favorite knives in no time! Available with Brushed Aluminum and Stainless Steel Resin handles, you won’t want to wait another meal to try this knife out for yourself.
Order your own Rada French Chef knife at the Rada Kitchen Store!
The Best Fundraiser!
Since 1948, Rada Cutlery has made American’s favorite cutlery and kitchen products and offered them to consumers at a great value. These products can be utilized by your nonprofit group to raise money for good causes. Every year, tens of thousands of nonprofits partner with Rada Cutlery to host fundraisers. Here are five reasons why Rada has become the fundraiser of choice for groups across America:
1. Make Huge Profits with Each Sale – Many fundraisers offer paltry profit margins such as 10% or 15%. When your group fundraises with Rada, each item sold makes a robust 40% profit. This means your group’s efforts go further than ever before!
2. Unbeatable Kitchen Products – Rada fundraisers stand apart from the rest by virtue of their stellar products. Groups get to offer their supporters top-notch Rada kitchen products, items people actually need and want. With a selection that includes dozens of knives and utensils, stoneware pans, recipe books, and dry food mixes, there’s certain to be something for everyone and a lot for most!
3. Second-to-None Customer Service – Rada is a company built on fundraising, and the customer service reflects that. Rada’s friendly customer service staff is dedicated to helping your fundraiser be an outstanding success. Reach them by phone, email, online chat, fax, or mail.
4. Three Great Sales Methods – No one group is the same, and Rada fundraisers offer three distinct sales methods to reflect that. The most common method is catalog sales, where your group members offer supporters catalogs from which to browse and order. Then there’s event sales, where your group sets up a station at an event or gathering and sells the items directly to supporters. Last but not least is Rada’s cutting-edge online fundraising, where your group can easily offer Rada products to supporters all over the country.
5. American-Made Products – All Rada Cutlery products completely American-made, from materials to manufacture. People love buying such products for their high quality and support of American industry.
These groups offer Rada Cutlery to their supporters, with each sale earning the organization an astounding 40% profit! Every day, thousands of churches, schools, civic organizations, clubs, sports teams, and more get where they want to be by hosting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser.
Visit Rada’s website to learn how to get started with a Rada Cutlery fundraiser!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
You can find Rada Cutlery is on your favorite social media platform! Check us out for recipes, product information, and more.
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Sweet Potato Soup Video Recipe Transcript
Start Video Transcript
Hi, Kristi in the Rada Kitchen, and today we’re making quick and easy sweet potato soup. You will need 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter, 1 ½ cups chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar, 1 ½ cups sweet potatoes, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 cup of milk, and salt to taste. First, peel about 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes. The Rada Vegetable Peeler makes this very easy. Slice the sweet potatoes into cubes and boil until soft.
In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook the flour and butter, stirring constantly until it achieves a light caramel color. Add the broth and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer. Stir in the sweet potatoes and spices.
Bring to a simmer again and cook for 5 minutes more. In a blender, puree the soup and return to the saucepan. Add the milk and season with salt and pepper. Then reheat the soup.
And there you have a smooth and creamy sweet potato soup. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel and visit our website at Rada Cutlery.com.
End of Video Transcript