Heat up your appetizer menu with this easy to make Stuffed Jalapeno recipe. Nobody will be able to resist the temptation of Jalepenos stuffed with Chili Con Queso and wrapped with smokey crisp bacon. It is the perfect recipe to share at your next get-together or to enjoy at home with your family.
Stuffed Jalapenos con Queso Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 pkg. Chili Con Queso Rada Quick Mix Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 6 strips bacon
- 12 medium to large Jalapenos
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix together the Chili Con Queso Quick Dip Mix and cream cheese with the Rada Cutlery Handi-Stir and set aside.
Cut Jalapenos in half lengthwise. Caution- you may want to wear plastic gloves when slicing and removing the seeds from hot peppers. Avoid touching face and eyes!
Remove the seeds. The Rada Cutlery Grapefruit Knife does a great job!
Spoon cream cheese mixture into jalapenos and place on a baking sheet.
Tip: place cream cheese mixture into a re-sealable bag, remove air and close. Cut off tip of bag and use as a pastry bag to squeeze cream cheese onto jalapenos.
Cut each strip of bacon into 4 pieces (or depending on the size of the jalapenos and bacon strip cut each strip in thirds or halves).
Wrap a bacon strip around each stuffed jalapeno.
Bake for about 45 minutes or until jalapenos are tender.
Stuffed Jalapenos Video Recipe
Stuffed Jalapenos con Queso
- 1 pkg. Chili Con Queso Rada Dip or your favorite recipe or brand
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 strips bacon
- 12 medium to large jalapenos
- Mix together the Chili Con Queso Quick Dip Mix and cream cheese.
- Cut Jalapenos in half lengthwise. Caution- you may want to wear plastic gloves when slicing and removing the seeds from hot peppers. Avoid touching face and eyes!
- Remove the seeds.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture into jalapenos and place on a baking sheet. Tip: place cream cheese mixture into a re-sealable bag, remove air and close. Cut off tip of bag and use as a pastry bag to squeeze cream cheese onto jalapenos.
- Cut each strip of bacon into 4 pieces (or depending on the size of the jalapenos cut each strip in thirds or halves).
- Wrap a bacon strip around each stuffed jalapeno.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until jalapenos are tender.
The Smartest Fundraising Opportunity
Rada Mfg. Co. has been manufacturing Rada Cutlery kitchen knives and utensils and helping non-profit groups fund raise since 1948 — last year working with over 19,000 churches, schools, teams, clubs and youth groups. If you belong to a non-profit group that is looking for a great fundraising idea, follow the link below to learn about earning 40% profit on Made in American kitchen products.
Visit our website to get your Rada Cutlery fundraiser started!
10 Interesting Facts about Hot Peppers!
- There are over 140 varieties of chili peppers grown in Mexico alone.
- The part of the pepper that is just below the stem forms the ribs and seeds, are sometimes more than 16 times hotter than the rest of the pepper.
- Chili peppers can help you lose weight by boosting your metabolism and curbing your cravings for fatty and sugary foods.
- Bigger might not be better, if you like them hot. Generally, the smaller the pepper, the hotter!
- Chili peppers are good for you. They are high in vitamins and a good source of beta carotene.
- The chemical in peppers that makes them hot is called Capsaicin, and isn’t found in other plants.
- Many hot and spicy foods have medicinal and antimicrobial properties.
- The best way to ease the burn of hot peppers is with cold milk or yogurt.
- Avoid water when eating hot peppers as it won’t mix with the oil and result in moving the hot taste to other parts of your mouth.
- The pepper currently holding the world record for “The World’s Hottest Pepper” is the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T.
Stuffed Jalapenos Video Transcript
Start Video Transcript
Hi, Kristy at the Rada kitchen and today I’d like to show you a recipe using our Chili Con Queso dip. It’s stuffed jalapenos con queso. What you’ll need is cream cheese, an eight ounce package of cream cheese, that you’ll mix with the con queso dip. We’ll use the Handy Stir and we’ll blend that together. You’ll need some jalapeno peppers, medium to large size, and some bacon.
Now to clean these out, I’m going to use the Grapefruit Knife. A customer told us about that, he said it works really good to pick out the seeds, so we’ll give it a try here. I’m going to take the Grapefruit Knife, it kind of works like a little scoop. It is serrated on the side. It’s serrated on both sides, so if you’re right or left handed, it’ll work for you. So you need 12 jalapenos, sliced. You might want to wear plastic gloves when you do this, and don’t rub your eyes because these are a little hot.
Alright, so once you have your peppers cleaned out, which by the way this Grapefruit Knife works really good, now we want to stuff them. And I found the easiest way is to take a plastic, sealable bag, and put the mixture in that. Seal it up, and then cut the end off. And we can just quickly fill them up.
So once you get all the peppers filled with the mixture, you get some bacon and I’m going to cut that in half. Now, my jalapenos are a little small, so I’m going to cut the bacon into fours. Then you just wrap each jalapeno with a strip of bacon. I’m making these on the Rada Cookie Stoneware, it’s going to really crisp this bacon up and make it really delicious. You’ll want to preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Now you’ll bake these in a 400 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes. So our stuffed jalapeno con quesos are ready to serve, and we made these with the Chili Con Queso Rada Quick Mix Dip. You’ll find more recipes at www.RadaQuickMixRecipes.com.
End of Video Transcript