Make these smashed potatoes today for a side your friends and family will absolutely love! You can now look no further for a delicious twist on a classic potato side dish. This potato recipe is easy to make and goes great with countless meals. Make it to eat with steak, pork, chicken, turkey, or anything else that could use the perfect potato side. Take advantage of the written instructions and video below to learn how to make this wonderful potato dish.
Smashed Potatoes Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 12 – 13 red potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 T. rosemary, chopped
- 3 – 4 T. extra virgin olive oil
- All-purpose seasoning
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
Boil 12 to 13 red potatoes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Chop 2 garlic cloves. Add chopped garlic to a bowl with 3 – 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and all-purpose seasoning.
Zest 1 lemon into the olive oil.
On a baking sheet, carefully smash the potatoes flat using a spatula.
Coat the potatoes with the olive oil mixture, as well as 2 tablespoons rosemary. Add shredded Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove from heat and allow a few minutes to cool. Serve and enjoy!
The Best Chef Knife!
Get this amazing chef knife for yourself or the cook in your life! This stainless steel knife features a long blade that makes easy work of cutting larger fruits, vegetables, meats, and much more. Every serious cook needs a large knife like this one, and this one’s combination of quality and value is unbeatable. The French Chef comes with a Lifetime Guarantee, so you know it will last as long as you need it. Like all Rada products, it’s in the USA!
The Best Baking Sheet!
Say “goodbye” to metal baking pans and get yourself some of Rada’s amazing stoneware baking pans! These incredible baking dishes, including the Rada Cookie Sheet, are 100% lead-free and made from an advanced proprietary clay mixture that absorbs heat for an even baking temperature. Unlike most brands of stoneware, the Cookie Sheet is dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze. Use the Cookie Sheet to bake cookies, french fries, tater tots, smashed potatoes, pizza rolls, and much more! Like all Rada products, the Cookie Sheet is made in the USA!
The Best Non-Scratch Spatula!
The Rada Non-Scratch Spatula is a utensil no home cook should be without! Designed for use with both non-stick and traditional cookware, the Non-Scratch Spatula features a sturdy stem and beveled edge. You’ll never run out of uses for it! It is backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, and, like all Rada products, is made in the USA!
The Perfect Fundraising Option!
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for countless nonprofit groups since 1948. By partnering with Rada Cutlery, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that will ensure success! Churches, schools, youth groups, civic organizations, charities, sports teams, and so many more nonprofits meet and exceed their financial goals by fundraising with Rada.
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. The Best Customer Service – Rada is a company built on fundraising, so it’s no wonder that fundraising groups are known to rave about the quality of Rada’s customer service. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a success!
2. Wonderful Products People Actually Want – Rada Cutlery offers cutlery, kitchen utensils, stoneware pans, cookbooks, and much more! All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets are backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, so supporters can buy and use with confidence.
3. Enormous Profits on Sales – Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an amazing 40% average profit on items sold! That’s far more than most fundraisers. Your group’s efforts go further with Rada, so you and your group can do more good than ever before!
4. Three Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers not one, not two, but three unique sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profits! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true method that allows your group to offer catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Online sales utilize the power of the Internet to allow fundraisers to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
5. USA-Made Cutlery – Every Rada product is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unmatched skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Start a Rada Fundraiser Today
Starting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser is easy:
- Request your free information packet. This will go into further detail and provide all the information you need.
- Order your fundraising materials. Depending on what kind of sales methods you are using, this could mean you are shipped catalogs, products, or both.
- Start your fundraiser. Let everyone know you’re fundraising with Rada Cutlery. Many know the Rada name and will jump at the chance to support your efforts.
- Submit your total order. Tally everything up and send it in. For sales over $1000, we have a convenient simple sorted order system to make the process a snap.
- Receive and distribute products. They’ll ship within two days, and then you can give your supporters what they ordered.
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Rada is on social media! Whether you’re an avid Facebooker, an enthusiastic Pinner, or a loyal Tweeter, Rada Cutlery has something for you. Visit our various pages to get the latest recipes, Rada products, and more.
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Smashed Potatoes Video Recipe
Start Video Transcript
Hi there, Jess in the Rada Kitchen, thanks so much for joining me! I am always on the search for the perfect potato side dish, and I have found a great recipe that I am going to share with you. We’re going to make crushed potatoes, a super simple and flavorful side dish. Let’s go ahead and get started.
First, we’re going to boil our potatoes. So here in our large pot I have salted water and 12 to 13 red skin potatoes. We are going to bring this water up to a boil with our potatoes so they cook evenly all the way through.
So here I have my potatoes, and they are perfectly boiled. I used about a medium to small-sized potato. I’m going to set them to the side. For our seasoning we’re going to take 3 cloves of garlic and with my Rada French Chef knife. Quick chop. And we’re just going to toss this with some olive oil, lemon zest, and the Rada Burger & Fry Seasoning which is a wonderful all-purpose seasoning for any dish. So into my bowl with some olive oil. Zest my lemon. This is a great way to get that citrus flavor without having to use the juice, which we really don’t want on our potatoes.
So here on my Rada Cookie Sheet I have my potatoes. I’m going to come in with my Rada Non-Scratch Spatula and just crush these guys down. Little bit flatter than that. They’re going to break apart. The skin will burst open and that’s exactly what we want. I have some olive oil already down. It’s going to give our potatoes a nice, crispy texture when we roast them in the oven.
Let’s season our potatoes. Here I have my extra virgin olive oil and crushed garlic. We’re going to drizzle that on top of our potatoes, a good healthy dose. I can’t get enough garlic in my life. I’d put this on pancakes and eat it. Let’s go ahead and season this. I’m going to use the Rada Burger & Fry Seasoning. The last step is our rosemary, and I’m going to use some dried rosemary. Give it a crush in your hand to release those flavors. Super aromatic. You can use fresh chopped as well. One more pinch. And we are ready to put this in the oven at 450 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.
And so here we have our potatoes right out of the oven. They’re golden brown, super crispy, and absolutely delicious. Thank you for joining me today. Be sure to check us out at RadaCutlery.com and to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you can get more great recipes just like this one.
End of Video Transcript