Sweet corn is one of the many popular foods consumed throughout the summer. Instead of just boiling or grilling your sweet corn, here is a simple recipe for you to try that is perfect for a picnic or summer gathering. This corn salad, made from fresh vegetables and herbs, will definitely add splash of color to your table.
What you will need:
- 5 ears corn, boiled or grilled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Fresh cilantro, use to taste
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt, use to taste
- Pepper, use to taste
How to make this simple corn salad:
1. Remove corn kernels with a knife and place in large bowl. The Rada Cutlery Stubby Butcher Knife works really well for cutting the corn off the cob.
2. Add tomato, onion and green pepper and toss to combine. We used the Rada Cutlery Serrated Paring Knife to prepare our vegetables.
3. Add the lime juice and olive oil.
4. Snip in pieces of fresh cilantro and season with salt and pepper to your taste preference.
5. Serve the salad and enjoy.
This refreshing and cool corn relish salad can be served with tortilla chips or eaten plain.
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to remove the husks and silk from sweet corn – try this technique.
- Cut about an inch off the bottom of the ears of corn.
- Then place the ears of corn on a microwavable plate. Cook in the microwave for two to four minutes. This will create enough steam and moisture for the corn to separate from the husk.
- Take the corn out of the microwave and squeeze the top of the ear. The sweet corn should slide right out. Note: Be careful when sliding the corn out because it may be hot. Use an oven mitt or glove to prevent your hands from burning.
For more recipes that are perfect for summertime gatherings and other summertime events check out our “Grills Gone Wild- Meats & Mains” cookbook. This is just one of our many cookbooks we offer. At Rada Cutlery, we also offer a wide range of 100% Made in the USA knives and kitchen utensils. The Rada Cutlery Turnover and Steak Knives are two of our products that make great companions to any cookout.