Across the nation, millions of seniors are served by meal programs. These organizations prepare and deliver nutritious meals to seniors, ensuring improved health and a better quality of life. People across the country rely on senior meals programs to lead a happier, healthier life.
Senior meal programs face numerous expenses, ranging from supplies to transportation. Fortunately, Rada Cutlery is here to help them get the funds they need!
Meals on Wheels Programs
The origins of senior meals programs can be traced to the United Kingdom in the early days of World War II. During the Blitz, which saw widespread destruction across the UK, women’s groups delivered meals to those unable to cook due to the destruction of their homes. From this came home delivery of meals to those who couldn’t provide for themselves.
The first home-delivered meals program in the United States began in 1954 Pennsylvania. These programs gradually spread across the nation, becoming a staple in countless communities. Today, one can find a senior meals program nearly anywhere in America, as well as nations such as Canada and the United Kingdom.
Senior Meals Facts
Senior meals programs are crucial to a good quality of life for millions of seniors. Here are some facts on seniors serviced by Meals on Wheels, courtesy of Meals on Wheels America:
- 71% of seniors need Meals on Wheels self-report fair or poor health compared to 26% of average seniors.
- Nearly twice as many seniors on Meals on Wheels waiting lists report depression and anxiety compared to average seniors.
- 79% of seniors needing Meals on Wheels indicate that their fear of falling limited their activities compared to 43% of average seniors.
- 87% of seniors needing Meals on Wheels are physically unable to shop for groceries compared to 23% of average seniors.
The Meals on Wheels Association of America
There are numerous senior meal delivery groups across the country. The Meals on Wheels Association of America is the largest and best-known group, with an influence that reaches across the nation, improving the lives of seniors virtually everywhere. Visits from Meals on Wheels programs don’t just ensure that many seniors have nutritious meals, but also friendly contact and safety checks.
The Best Meal Program Fundraiser
With Rada Cutlery, senior meals programs can get the funds they need to keep their noble efforts going! Tens of thousands of non-profit groups, including many senior meals programs, successfully meet and exceed their fundraising goals by partnering with Rada Cutlery each year!
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is the best choice for fundraising:
1. Superior Products – Rada Cutlery offers much more than 26 pieces of cutlery. There are 21 kitchen utensils that cover virtually every recipe, 42 cookbooks with countless recipes, and six stoneware baking pans that put glass and metal dishes to shame. 28 gift sets are great for any special occasion, while our 43 delicious Quick Mixes make incredible appetizers, desserts, and meals. All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets come with a Lifetime Guarantee!
2. Big Profits on All Sales – Most fundraisers offer low profits, but Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an amazing 40% average profit on items sold. Your group’s efforts make a bigger difference with Rada!
3. Helpful Customer Service – Rada’s customer service representatives are courteous, friendly, and above all, knowledgeable! Your call is answered by real people at our factory in Waverly, Iowa. Whether you’re contacting Rada by phone or online, your fundraiser will always get the help it needs to thrive!
4. Three Effective Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers a variety of sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profit! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true, classic sales method that sees your group offering catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Last but not least is online sales, which lets utilize the power of the Internet to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
5. USA-Made Cutlery – Every Rada product, without exception, is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unparalleled skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of! Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!