Set your ordinary pasta dish aside and prepare this amazing Seafood Lasagna!
Lasagna is one of the great comfort foods of the world, but even a classic can benefit from a reinvention or a new spin. In this case, we look to seafood to liven up an old favorite with bold new flavors.
This outrageously tasty dish features lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese, succulent shrimp and scallops, and a heavenly homemade Alfredo sauce. The whole family will absolutely love it!
Shrimp and Scallops Lasagna Recipe Video
Ingredients you will need:
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 lb. scallops, sliced in half
- 1 T. lemon juice and lemon zest
- Seafood seasoning
- Green onion, chopped
- Ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, torn
- Garlic cloves, chopped
- Lasagna noodles, cooked
Ingredients you will need for Alfredo sauce:
- Chopped garlic
- 1/2 C. red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 C. flour
- 1 qt. milk
- 1 C. Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 t. seafood seasoning
- 1/4 C. seafood stock (chicken stock or white wine can be substituted)
- Lemon zest
In a pan, melt butter and then add chopped garlic and red pepper. Saute for a few minutes.
Add flour and stir. Afterwards, add milk, Parmesan cheese, and seafood seasoning. As it cooks, add seafood stock and lemon zest.
Cut shrimp and scallops in half.
Place sauce on medium-low heat and add scallops. Stir. Then add shrimp. Stir.
In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, green onion, basil, salt, and pepper.
Layer the bottom of 9″ x 13″ pan with sauce. Try to preserve most of the seafood for subsequent layers.
Layer cooked lasagna noodles over sauce.
Layer entire ricotta cheese mixture on top of the sauce.
Layer more noodles.
Layer more sauce.
Layer more noodles.
Layer remainder of the sauce.
Top with shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
The Best Large Knife!
The Rada French Chef knife is the perfect knife for any home cook! Featuring a large blade that’s hand-sharpened to a razor’s edge, it easily cuts vegetables, meats, fruits, and much more. Made in the USA and backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, the French Chef knife is sure to become one of your very favorite knives! Available with Brushed Aluminum and Stainless Steel Resin handles, you won’t want to wait another meal to try this professional-quality knife out for yourself.
Order your own Rada French Chef knife at the Rada’s online store!
A Great Mixing Spoon!
The Rada Non-Scratch Spoon is a utensil that’s perfect for preparing and serving your favorite recipes! Featuring a non-scratch material that’s safe for use with non-stick pans, it makes stirring and serving all sorts of foods a breeze. The study metal stem won’t break, while the flat nose makes for easy stirring and serving. Use it to prepare turkey cranberry meatballs, vegetables, casseroles, soups, and so much more! The Non-Scratch Spoon is backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, and, like all Rada Cutlery products, is proudly made in the USA.
The Rada Non-Scratch Spoon is available for delivery at the online Rada Kitchen Store!
The Best Fundraisers are Rada Fundraisers!
Rada Cutlery is a company built on and around fundraising. Founded in 1948, Rada has been helping nonprofit groups meet and exceed their goals for 70 years. Nonprofits such as churches, schools, youth groups, civic organizations, sports teams, and so many more partner with Rada to meet their fundraising needs.
Here are just a few reasons why Rada Cutlery is your group’s best choice for a fundraiser:
1. Unbeatable Customer Service – Rada customer service is second to none. A staff of friendly, helpful professionals are on hand to answer your every question. You can count on Rada representatives to always go the extra mile to ensure that your fundraiser is a resounding success.
2. Great Items People Actually Want – Rada’s diverse catalog has something for everyone, and a lot for most! Knives, stoneware, kitchen utensils, dry food mixes, gift sets, and more ensure that every supporter will find something they want. We hear daily from groups that say their supporters ask them to hold more fundraisers just so they will get the chance to buy more Rada!
3. Sell USA-Made Products – Groups that fundraise with Rada can proudly offer American-made products. People love knowing they are supporting American industry.
4. Extraordinary Profits on All Sales – Rada offers an astounding 40% profit on each and every sale. This towers over most other fundraisers, most of which offer profits in the 10% range. Your time is valuable, and fundraising with Rada ensures that your group makes more money in less time than ever before.
5. Three Easy Sales Methods – Fundraisers can use one, two, or all three of Rada’s effective sales methods. Catalog sales allow groups to hand out catalogs and take orders from supporters. Event sales take advantage of crowds and allow for an instant exchange of money and products. Online sales allow groups to reach out to family and friends across the globe, as well as easily promote the fundraiser to anyone with internet access. Choose the methods that best play to your group’s strengths to maximize profits!
Check out Rada’s fundraising catalog to learn even more!
Rada’s EASY Leader’s Guide has the details on how to get your successful fundraiser started!
Start a Rada Fundraiser Today
Starting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser is easy, and you don’t have to wait another minute. Here’s how you get started:
- Request your free information packet. This will go into further detail and provide all the information you need regarding Rada.
- Order your fundraising materials. Depending on what kind of sales methods you are using, this could mean you are shipped catalogs, products, or both.
- Start your fundraiser. Let everyone know you’re fundraising with Rada Cutlery. Many know the Rada name and will jump at the chance to support your efforts.
- Submit your total order. Tally everything up and send it in. For sales over $1000, we have a convenient simple sorted order system to make the process a snap.
- Receive and distribute products. They’ll ship within two days, and then you can give your supporters what they ordered.
Visit our fundraising website to get your Rada Cutlery fundraiser started!
Made in the USA
Rada Cutlery is an American company that produces American-made products. Everything you buy from Rada is 100% made in the USA, meaning that your purchases support American workers. All of our cutlery comes with a Lifetime Guarantee, meaning you can buy with confidence!
Watch this video to see how the care and skill of our workers makes our products so incredible!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Rada Cutlery is on your favorite social media platform! Check us out for recipes, product information, and much more. Don’t be afraid to say “Hello!”
Shrimp and Scallops Lasagna Video Transcript
Start Video Transcript
Hi there, Jess in the Rada kitchen, thanks for joining me. Today we are going to make a seafood lasagna. We’re going to brighten it up with some fresh lemon and basil and we are going to start with our garlic.
So we’re going to just chop up some garlic and get our red peppers prepped. They are going to go in our béchamel sauce. We’re just going to chop up half of a sweet red pepper. Here in my pan I’ve melted half a stick of butter and I’m going to add our chopped garlic and red pepper just to soften for a few minutes.
So we’ve sautéed our veggies and to this I’m going to add some flour. It’s always equal parts fat to flour, so about two tablespoons. So for two and a half cups of liquid I’m using 2% milk here to cut out some of the calories. You could use half and half or if you’re really brave you could use some whipping cream. Just give it another stir. To this I’m adding half a cup of Parmesan cheese and some seafood seasoning, about half a teaspoon or so.
To this we’re going to thin our sauce out just a little bit with some seafood stock. If you don’t have this you can use chicken stock, vegetable stock, even some white wine. Then a little bit of freshly grated lemon zest. So the seafood that I choose to use for this lasagna is shrimp and scallops, these nice, big sea scallops. I’m just going to cut them in half. You can also quarter them. But I wanted to keep that width on there. And there are going to cook right into our sauce.
So unlike our scallops, I have already cooked some of this shrimp. You can leave it whole if you wanted to, I’m just going to do a rough chop on it so we have some different sized pieces. So I’m going to add those raw scallops into our sauce on medium-low heat for a few minutes. It won’t take long to cook and we don’t want to overdo it because we want them to be nice and tender. Then we’ll add our shrimp.
And we’re going to toss in the rest of our shrimp. You can do the same thing for our scallops and leave the shrimp raw and let it cook in our sauce. I just precooked and set aside. I have two green onions here that we’re going to chop up. So here we have some fresh basil and some fresh parsley. This is going to go into our ricotta cheese filling. You get some nice, fresh flavor.
So let’s take that herb and onion mixture and just dump it in. To that I’m going to add just a little bit of salt and pepper. We’re going to go ahead and layer up our ingredients, and we’re going to steal some of that sauce from our pan. I’m not trying to get a ton of our seafood on the bottom, here. This is so our noodles don’t stick.
Now you can go ahead and scoop up some of our yummy seafood. Take our ricotta mixture. We’re going to do another layer of our noodles. And after I boiled our noodles I soaked them in cold water so they don’t stick together. It’s always a pain when they do that on you. Another big seafood ladle. Then we’re going to do one last layer of noodles. And top it with the rest of our sauce. Just go ahead and dump the rest on the top. We are going to top this off with some freshly shredded Parmesan. And then it is going to bake at 375 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes uncovered. So into our oven it goes and we’re going to bake it until it’s bubbly and delicious. So out of our oven I have our delicious seafood and scallops lasagna. It’s already brown and bubbly and I’m just going to top it with a tiny squeeze of lemon juice. And of course just a little bit more of our fresh parsley and basil. We are ready to serve this.
So I have my Rada Utility Knife, I’m just going to come in here. You want to allow this to rest for a little bit. And get a nice, big portion on our plate. Oh my gosh, it smells incredible. There we go.
Thanks so much for joining us today! Be sure to check us out at RadaCutlery.com and subscribe to our YouTube channel to get more great dinner recipes just like this one.
End of Video Transcript