If you haven’t had a runza, you’re missing out! These delicious bread-pocket sandwiches stuffed with ingredients such as beef and cabbage. They’re easy to make, and the tasty filling is just outrageously good. Give one a try and you’ll be hooked!
Runza Sandwich Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small head green cabbage, shredded
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cans thin pizza crust (frozen bread dough can substitute)
- Salt and pepper
Preheated your oven to 375 degrees. On the stove, brown 1 lb. ground beef until done.
Drain the beef and place back in the pan.
Add 1 small head of shredded green cabbage and 1 diced yellow onion to the beef. Stir.
Cover with a lid and continue cooking until the cabbage and onion are cooked down. Make sure to stir occasionally, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Roll out 2 cans of thin pizza crust to about 11” by 14”. Alternatively, you can use frozen hamburger dough, thawed, rolled, and cut, for the following steps.
Cut each crust into 8 rectangles.
Place a heaping quarter-cup of the beef mixture into each rectangle. Bring one side of the crust over and seal the edges. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned.
Serve and enjoy!
The Best Pizza Cutter!
Use the amazing Rada Pizza Cutter for all sorts of cutting tasks! Of course it’s perfect for cutting pizza, but it also is ideal when slicing dough for biscuits and pies, as well as candy and other foods. This American-made product comes with a Lifetime Guarantee, so once you pick one up, it will be a permanent part of your kitchen!
A Great Spatula!
Make the Rada Spatula part of your kitchen lineup! Whether you’re cooking or serving, this stainless steel spatula is well-suited for a wide range of tasks. Use it with casseroles, sandwiches, breakfast foods, pies, and so much more! It comes with a Lifetime Guarantee, and, like all Rada products, is made in the USA.
The Best Fundraising for Nonprofit Groups!
Since 1948, Rada Cutlery has made American’s favorite cutlery and kitchen products and offered them to consumers at a great value. These products can be utilized by your nonprofit group to raise money for good causes. Every year, tens of thousands of nonprofits partner with Rada Cutlery to host fundraisers. Here are five reasons why Rada has become the fundraiser of choice for groups across America:
1. Make Huge Profits with Each Sale – Many fundraisers offer paltry profit margins such as 10% or 15%. When your group fundraises with Rada, each item sold makes a robust 40% profit. This means your group’s efforts go further than ever before!
2. Unbeatable Kitchen Products – Rada fundraisers stand apart from the rest by virtue of their stellar products. Groups get to offer their supporters top-notch Rada kitchen products, items people actually need and want. With a selection that includes dozens of knives and utensils, stoneware pans, recipe books, and dry food mixes, there’s certain to be something for everyone and a lot for most!
3. Second-to-None Customer Service – Rada is a company built on fundraising, and the customer service reflects that. Rada’s friendly customer service staff is dedicated to helping your fundraiser be an outstanding success. Reach them by phone, email, online chat, fax, or mail.
4. Three Great Sales Methods – No one group is the same, and Rada fundraisers offer three distinct sales methods to reflect that. The most common method is catalog sales, where your group members offer supporters catalogs from which to browse and order. Then there’s event sales, where your group sets up a station at an event or gathering and sells the items directly to supporters. Last but not least is Rada’s cutting-edge online fundraising, where your group can easily offer Rada products to supporters all over the country.
5. American-Made Products – All Rada Cutlery products completely American-made, from materials to manufacture. People love buying such products for their high quality and support of American industry.
These groups offer Rada Cutlery to their supporters, with each sale earning the organization an astounding 40% profit! Every day, thousands of churches, schools, civic organizations, clubs, sports teams, and more get where they want to be by hosting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser.
What Are Runzas?
Runza sandwiches first appeared in Russia during the 1800s. The recipe made its way to Germany, and was eventually spread to the United States by German immigrants. It is most popular in Nebraska, which is also home to a restaurant chain called Runza. Whether you get them at a restaurant or eat them at home, the runza sandwich is one incredibly tasty meal!
Recently, the 1975 class of Lincoln Southeast High School held its 40-year reunion! Runzas were served, demonstrating just how important to the Nebraskan food culture this amazing sandwich is.
Runzas Video Recipe
Runzas Video Transcript
Hi, Kristi in the Rada Cutlery kitchen, and today I want to show you how to make runzas. These are delicious pocket sandwiches that are popular in Colorado and Nebraska. The whole family will love them!
First, brown 1 pound ground beef until done. The straight edge of this Rada Non-Scratch Spoon easily breaks it up while cooking without scratching your pan. Drain when done. Then add a shredded small head of green cabbage and 1 yellow diced onion and stir. Cover with a lid and continue cooking until the cabbage and the onion are cooked down. Stir occasionally, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Roll out 2 cans of thin pizza crust to about 11” by 14”. Cut each crust into 8 rectangles. We’re using the Rada Pizza Cutter. Place a heaping quarter cup of the beef mixture on one side. Bring one side of the crust over and seal the edges. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until browned.
And there you have tasty runzas! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and visit our website at RadaCutlery.com.
End of Video Transcript
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Rada Cutlery can be found on your favorite social media platform! Be sure to follow us for the latest updates and absolute best recipes!