Soon pumpkins will be appearing at your local grocery stores and farmer’s markets – which means it is time to think about pumpkin carving. Instead of throwing away the pumpkin seeds, this year make a tasty snack that is full of nutritional benefits.
Learning how to roast pumpkin seeds is simple and our recipe only requires three ingredients.
How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds
What you will need:
- Fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- Seasoning salt to taste
How to roast pumpkin seeds:
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. Take your pumpkin seeds that you have gathered and spread them in a single layer on a cookie sheet. We used the Rada Cutlery Stoneware Rectangular Baker to ensure our seeds cooked evenly. You do not need to wash the seeds because the pumpkin meat that is left on them will add to the flavor.
3. Melt two tablespoons of butter and pour it over the seeds. Mix the pumpkin seeds up so the butter is coating all of them. The Rada Cutlery Ice Cream Scoop works really well for this task (or the Rada Cutlery Cook’s Spoon). Making sure the seeds are covered with butter is an important step because this will affect how the pumpkin seeds roast.
4. Sprinkle seasoning salt over the seeds. The type of seasonings you use and the amount can be decided according to your taste. Mix the seeds up again to ensure the pumpkin seeds are coated evenly.
5. Then place in the oven and allow them to cook for an hour – stirring every 15 minutes. The seeds should eventually turn a golden brown color.
6. Let the roasted pumpkin seeds cool then serve and enjoy!
We recommended that you store your pumpkin seeds in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The typical shelf life for the seeds is about two months.
All About Pumpkin Seeds
Pumpkin seeds provide health benefits. They provide many nutrients including magnesium, zinc, iron and protein. If you eat a quarter of a cup of pumpkin seeds you would receive about 46% of the recommended daily value for magnesium, about 16 percent of the recommended daily value of protein and around 17 percent of the recommended daily value of zinc.
If you are interested in purchasing the Rectangular Baker and/or Ice Cream Scoop used in this pumpkin seed recipe or look at any of the other Rada Cutlery products you can click here to visit the Rada Cutlery Kitchen Store. All the products that we offer are 100% Made in the USA. We are known for the remarkable quality and value of our products. Call 800-311-9691 should you have any questions.
Rada Cutlery Fundraising
Thousands of clubs, teams, churches, youth groups and schools fundraiser with Rada Cutlery kitchen products each year. If you belong to a non-profit group that wants to learn about earning 40% profit selling 100% Made in the USA products direct from the manufacture, click to go to the fundraising information page on our web site.
Want More Pumpkins?
Make some other pumpkin recipes with these other great Rada blog posts: