Make this delicious rhubarb custard pie recipe for a dessert whole family will love! This classic comfort food features rhubarb flavors that will have you baking it again and again.
It’s the perfect dessert to use up your spring and summer harvest of rhubarb. The tart rhubarb balances out sweet and creamy custard so well. Flaky crust, tart rhubarb, and rich custard… how can you go wrong?!? Yum!
Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe
Ingredients you will need for Rhubarb Custard Pie:
- 3 C. rhubarb, diced
- 4 T. flour
- 1 C. sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 T. sour cream
- 1 1/2 C. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1 (9″) unbaked pie shell
Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine diced rhubarb, flour, and sugar.
Brush the bottom of pie shell with egg whites.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sour cream until thick. This will the creamy custard.
Add the egg yolk and sour cream mixture to rhubarb mixture and stir well.
Pour the rhubarb and custard mixture into the pie shell.
In another large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and butter. This will become the crumble topping for your pie.
Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
Spread the mixture evenly over the pie filling. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350° and bake 50 minutes more.
Allow time to cool, serve, and enjoy your Rhubarb Custard Pie!
The Best Steel Spoon!
The Rada Cook’s Spoon is a mixing spoon no kitchen should be without! This stainless steel spoon easily reaches the corners of bowls and pans when stirring. Also, the long handle allows for easy scraping even when working with tall pans. It’s protected by a Lifetime Guarantee, and, like all Rada Cutlery products, is entirely made in the USA!
You can have the Rada Cook’s Spoon delivered to your door by visiting the online Rada Kitchen Store!
Fundraise with the Best
Rada Cutlery is a company built on and around fundraising. Founded in 1948, Rada has been helping nonprofit groups meet and exceed their goals for 70 years. Nonprofits such as churches, schools, youth groups, civic organizations, sports teams, and so many more partner with Rada to meet their fundraising needs.
Here are just a few reasons why Rada Cutlery is your group’s best choice for a fundraiser:
1. Unbeatable Customer Service – Rada customer service is second to none. A staff of friendly, helpful professionals are on hand to answer your every question. You can count on Rada representatives to always go the extra mile to ensure that your fundraiser is a resounding success.
2. Fantastic Kitchen Products People Actually Want – Rada’s diverse catalog has something for everyone, and a lot for most! Knives, kitchen utensils, dry food mixes, gift sets, and more ensure that every supporter will find something they want. We hear daily from groups that say their supporters ask them to hold more fundraisers just so they will get the chance to buy more Rada!
3. Sell American-Made Products – Groups that fundraise with Rada can proudly offer American-made products. People love knowing they are supporting American industry.
4. High Profits on All Sales – Rada offers an astounding 40% profit on each and every sale. This towers over most other fundraisers, most of which offer profits in the 10% range. Your time is valuable, and fundraising with Rada ensures that your group makes more money in less time than ever before.
5. Three Easy Sales Methods – Fundraisers can use one, two, or all three of Rada’s effective sales methods. Catalog sales allow groups to hand out catalogs and take orders from supporters. Event sales take advantage of crowds and allow for an instant exchange of money and products. Online sales allow groups to reach out to family and friends across the globe, as well as easily promote the fundraiser to anyone with internet access. Choose the methods that best play to your group’s strengths to maximize profits!
Check out Rada’s fundraising catalog to learn even more!
Rada’s EASY Leader’s Guide has the details on how to get your successful fundraiser started!
Start a Rada Fundraiser Today
Starting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser is easy. Here’s what you need to do:
- Request your free information packet. This will go into further detail and provide all the information you need.
- Order your fundraising materials. Depending on what kind of sales methods you are using, this could mean you are shipped catalogs, products, or both.
- Start your fundraiser. Let everyone know you’re fundraising with Rada Cutlery. Many know the Rada name and will jump at the chance to support your efforts.
- Submit your total order. Tally everything up and send it in. For sales over $1000, we have a convenient simple sorted order system to make the process a snap.
- Receive and distribute products. They’ll ship within two days, and then you can give your supporters what they ordered.
Visit our fundraising website to get your Rada Cutlery fundraiser started!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Check us out on your favorite social media platform for the latest recipes, news, and more offered by Rada Cutlery!
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Products Made in the USA!
Everything Rada Cutlery offers, from knives to utensils to stoneware, is made in the United States of America. From our headquarters in Waverly, Iowa, Rada’s products are made by workers committed to producing the best kitchen products on the market. Whether you’re hosting a fundraiser, using them in your kitchen, or offering them to customers at your own business, Rada products are the best choice!
Watch this video to learn more about what makes Rada’s American-made products so remarkable!
Rhubarb Custard Crumble Video Recipe Transcript
Start Video Transcript
Hi, it’s Kristi in the Rada Cutlery kitchen, and today I’m going to show you how to make a Rhubarb Custard Crumble Pie. This is a recipe out of our cookbook titled 101 Recipes with Rhubarb.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine 3 cups of diced rhubarb, 4 tablespoons of flour, and 1 cup of sugar. Brush the bottom and sides of an unbaked pie shell with egg whites. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 egg yolks and 1 tablespoon sour cream until thick.
Add this to the rhubarb mixture and stir well. Pour the rhubarb mixture into the pie shell and set aside. Combine 1 ½ cups of oats, 1 cup brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and ¼ cup butter in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Spread the mixture evenly over the pie filling. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake 50 minutes more.
And there you have delicious rhubarb custard crumble pie. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and visit our website at RadaCutlery.com.
End of Video Transcript