Memorial Potluck Lunch at Rada Mfg. Co.!
Potluck Day is a semi-annual event that all of Rada Cutlery’s employees look forward to in the spring and fall! Pictured above are the salad and dessert tables.
The 100 hard-working factory employees at Rada Mfg. Co. always look forward to this event – plus we get a little extra time off work to enjoy all the delicious food. Half of the employees furnish a dish in the spring and the other half bring a dish for the fall potluck. This sounds like a lot of food, but most of the time you take home an empty bowl or dish!
Brent, our V.P. of Manufacturing, grilled steaks and chicken breasts in the employee parking lot.
Brent also treats us with his “fresh from the garden” asparagus every year!
Recipe for “Crock-Pot Asparagus”
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- Fresh Asparagus
- Fill the slow cooker at least half full with fresh asparagus and stir in the mushroom and cheddar cheese soups. Cover and cook on high 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until asparagus is tender. Serve!
Larry from Rada’s shipping department brought this wonderful strawberry poppy seed salad. It was as beautiful as it was tasty!
Recipe for Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad
- 2 bags lettuce (pre-chopped lettuce blend with sliced carrots, red cabbage, romaine, radishes, etc.)
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained well
- 2 C. fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 C. fresh blueberries
- 1/2 C. pecans* (whole)
- 1 bottle creamy poppy seed dressing
- Toss together; add a bottle of creamy poppy seed dressing to taste at time of serving.
*Spread pecans out on cookie sheet in 350 degree oven for 5 to 6 minutes until toasted.
Many, Many Delicious Dishes
There were dozens on delicious side dishes including salads, meats, vegetables and of course, desserts! Thank you to first half of the alphabet employees who brought dishes to share. The second half of the alphabet will return the favor for the Labor Day Potluck!
The Rada Cutlery Mission
Quality and value are the result of our committed workforce in Waverly, Iowa. Our employees strive each day to ensure efficiency and to eliminate waste. This is done at every stage – manufacturing, packaging, order-processing and shipping. The result is that we live our mission of “providing our customers the best value of kitchen knives for their dollar.”
Rada Cutlery is widely recognized – with over 135 million kitchen knives and utensils having been manufactured and sold in in the last 65+ years!
The employees of Rada Manufacturing thank you for your continued support!
The Best Fundraising Idea!
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for countless nonprofit groups since 1948. By partnering with Rada Cutlery, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that will ensure success!
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. Great Products People Want – Rada Cutlery offers cutlery, kitchen utensils, stoneware pans, cookbooks, and much more! All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets are backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, so supporters can buy and use with confidence.
2. Enormous Profits on Sales – Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an incredible 40% average profit on items sold! That’s far more than most fundraisers. Your group’s efforts go further with Rada!
3. Incredible Customer Service – Fundraising groups are known to rave about the quality of Rada’s customer service. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a success!
4. Three Lucrative Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers not one but three unique sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profits! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true method that allows your group to offer catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Online sales utilize the power of the Internet to allow fundraisers to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
5. American-Made Cutlery – Every Rada product is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unmatched skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Check us out on your favorite social media platform for the latest recipes, news, products, and more offered by Rada Cutlery!