Watch this video to learn how to make a healthy loaded potato skins recipe! Here we’ll show you how to make stuffed potato skins with a healthy twist – cutting out the calories but leaving the flavor!
These loaded potato skins are great appetizers for just about any occasion. When you make these easy stuffed potato skins, be sure to whip up the special dipping sauce!
Loaded Potato Skins Recipe with Black Bean and Guacamole Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 5-6 russet potatoes
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 large ripe avocados, halved, seeded, and flesh scooped out
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
Greek Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 container plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 package dry ranch mix
Wash 5-6 russet potatoes, prick with a fork, and place on the middle rack of a preheated 400 degree oven. Bake 50 minutes and allow to cool.
Chop 2 Roma tomatoes, 1 garlic clove, 1 onion, and 1 tablespoon cilantro. Place in a bowl.
Scoop the contents of 3 large avocados into a mixing bowl.
Smash avocados with a fork, leaving some large chunks.
Add 1/2 cup cooked black beans and vegetables to avocado bowl. Then add 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 tablespoon sea salt, and 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce. Add the juice of 1/2 lime. Combine the ingredients.
Cut cooked potatoes in half. Scoop out the majority of the potatoes’ flesh, leaving 1/4 inch intact.
Spray the inside of potatoes with extra virgin olive oil. In a pan, place potatoes skin side up and spray with extra virgin olive oil. Bake again in oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
In a bowl, combine 1 container non-fat Greek yogurt and 1 package dry ranch mix. Chill in refrigerator.
When potatoes are done baking, fill the insides with guacamole mixture. Chop and seed 1 jalapeno pepper and garnish potatoes with jalapeno pieces.
Serve and enjoy!
The Best Steel Paring Knife!
The Rada Super Parer is a versatile paring knife that’s an absolute must-have for any cook! Featuring surgical-quality stainless steel, this large paring knife is perfect for cutting vegetables, fruits, and just about any other kind of food. The Super Parer comes with a Lifetime Guarantee and is made in the USA!
Visit the online Rada Kitchen Store to get a Super Parer of your own!
The Best Stone Baking Pan!
The Rada Rectangular Baker is one of the best piece of stone cookware you’ll ever find! Made from a lead-free, proprietary clay mixture, it absorbs heat to maintain a perfect baking temperature. This ensures an ideal cook on all your favorite dishes! The recipes that can be made with this are endless; lasagna, cake, casseroles, french fries, sandwiches, potato skins, and just about anything else that needs time in the oven! Like all Rada Cutlery products, the Rectangular Baker is made in the USA.
Stop by the online Rada Kitchen Store to order your own Rectangular Baker!
A Great Gift for Anyone!
Give the Rada Starter Gift Set to a friend or loved one as the perfect present. It features seven stellar Rada kitchen products, including the Super Parer, the innovative Vegetable Peeler, the unbeatable Cook’s Knife, and the beloved Tomato Slicer, this versatile gift set will please and thrill anyone! It’s just right for someone who has yet to try Rada’s wonderful products, as well as newlyweds, college graduates, and new homeowners! All items are made in the USA, and are supported by a Lifetime Guarantee!
Visit the online Rada Kitchen Store to get the Rada Starter Gift Set!
Easy Fundraising Done Right!
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for tens of thousands of nonprofit and charitable groups each year since 1948. By partnering with Rada Cutlery, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that all but guarantee success.
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is your the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. Useful Products People Want – Rada Cutlery offers more than 26 superior knives. There are 21 kitchen utensils, 42 cookbooks, and six stoneware baking pans. 28 gift sets make the perfect present, while our 43 scrumptious Quick Mixes make incredible appetizers, desserts, and meals. All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets are backed by a Lifetime Guarantee!
2. Huge Profits on Sales – Most fundraisers offer low profits, but Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an incredible 40% average profit on items sold. Your group’s efforts go further with Rada!
3. Three Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers a variety of sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profit! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true, classic sales method that sees your group offering catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Last but not least is online sales, which lets you utilize the power of the Internet to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
4. Unmatched Customer Service – Fundraisers are known to rave about the quality of Rada’s customer service. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a success!
5. American-Made Cutlery – Every Rada product, without exception, is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unparalleled skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Our fundraising website has all the information you need to get your Rada Cutlery fundraiser started!
Click to view an online version of our fundraising catalog.
Check out our Fundraising Made EASY leader’s guide a quick look at Rada fundraisers!
Black Bean Guacamole Potato Skins Video Recipe
Start Video Transcript
Hi there, Jess in the Rada Kitchen, thanks for joining me today. I’m excited to present a lightened version of the classic loaded potato skin. Our version is going to be filled with a black bean guacamole. So we’re cutting out the calories but leaving the flavor. Let’s go ahead and get started.
Here I have 6 russet potatoes that I’ve already washed. I’m just going to pierce these with my Rada Granny Fork and put them into a preheated 400 degree oven. I have my potatoes prepared and they’re down in my rectangular baking pan. They’ll stay in there about 50 minutes or until the skin is nice and crisp.
Let’s prep the vegetables. Here I have one big bunch of cilantro. About ¼ cup. I’m going to do a rough chop with my Rada French Chef knife. Next my garlic. Just discard the shells. I have a handful of cherry tomatoes that we’re going to chop. These have already been halved. Lastly, our onion.
Let’s go ahead and prepare our avocados. To be sure we have a ripe avocado, you want to pick off that stem at the top and see a nice, green color. We’re going to take my Rada Cook’s Utility Knife and I’m just going to go all the way around my avocado in a circle. Twist it open. Grab that knife again and I’m going to tap the pit, turn, and it’ll come right out. I’m going to pick that half up, score it, and scoop it with a spoon. Now we’re ready for the other half.
We’re ready to incorporate our ingredients. We’re going to do a quick mash of my avocado. I want to leave some texture here, so I’m not going to completely smash it all up. To my ingredients, we’re going to season this up. Some smoked paprika. A couple dashes of hot sauce. To that, half of a lime, juiced. Give it a good toss.
So I’ve allowed my potatoes to cool about 10 minutes. Now I’m going to cut them in half with my Rada Super Parer. Scoop out the flesh, leaving about ¼ inch still intact so our potato can maintain some texture. It’s going to look like a little boat. We’re going to spray the inside of our potatoes with our extra virgin olive oil. Flip them over so the skin side is up. Give it one more dose of olive oil. Then it goes back into our oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
For this we’ve created a great vegan dish, it’s light and healthy. We’re going to make a simple dipping sauce. Here I have 2 cups of Greek yogurt and to that I’m adding a packet of my favorite ranch dressing mix. With my Rada Handi-Stir I’ll combine. I’m going to let it chill in the refrigerator and it will be ready to serve with our potato skins.
We’re ready to spoon our filling into our cooled potato skins. So, a nice big dollop of our black bean guacamole mixture. Super creamy, super flavorful. To that, I’m going to take a jalapeno and give it a slice for a garnish on top.
Thanks so much for joining me today! Be sure you hop onto RadaCutlery.com, and to subscribe to our YouTube channel. Thanks again!
End of Video Transcript