Grilling season is officially here and instead of the usual burger and hot dogs, try this simple grilling recipe for grilled baby back ribs with homemade barbecue sauce.
This Chunky BBQ Recipe we used to serve with our ribs is from our Grills Gone Wild-Meats and Mains cookbook and makes about 4 ½ cups of sauce. This cookbook is full of different sauces, marinades and main dishes that are perfect for any summer barbecue.
Chunky BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14.2 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- ¼ cups honey
- ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil.
- Add onion and jalapeno pepper to the oil and sauté until soft.
- Add fresh and canned tomatoes with juices, vinegar, honey, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook until sugar dissolves and sauce is reduced and slightly thickened and then season with salt.
How to prepare and grill baby back ribs (Note these ribs require at least 6 hours of prep time.)
1. Cut the ribs into the serving sizes of your choice.
2. Then sprinkle with your favorite seasoned salt or dry rub and place in a pan. (We chose the disposable aluminum option.)
3. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
Now you are ready to start grilling.
4. Light the coals on the grill and add about an inch of water to the pan the ribs are in.
5. Re-cover the pan with aluminum foil.
6. Place the pan on the grill grate and cover the grill.
7. Allow the ribs to cook while checking the ribs every 45 minutes to an hour – replace water as needed. If you do not replace the water, the ribs will dry out.
8. The ribs should be done in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours depending on charcoal heat.
Brush the ribs with barbecue sauce and replace lid a grill for 5 minutes longer. Do not add BBQ sauce until the end of the cooking process because burn easily due to the high sugar content in the sauce.
Serve with additional barbecue sauce as desired and enjoy your delicious Baby Back Ribs! The Rada Cutlery spatula works great for serving the ribs out of the pan.
If you are looking for grilling tips, you can visit grillingtips.com for different and unique grilling techniques, recipes and advice.
Rada Cutlery: The Best Fundraiser Around!
Rada Cutlery is your key to a successful fundraiser! Each year, tens of thousands of groups partner with Rada to raise money for noble causes. Churches, schools, charities, clubs, sports teams, civic organizations, and more make the money they need with Rada.
Follow Rada Cutlery!
Check us out on your favorite social media platform for the latest recipes, news, and more offered by Rada Cutlery!