Stuffed Bell Pepper Basket
The Super Bowl is approaching fast, so impress your friends by serving your favorite dip in a decorative pepper basket. This creative tip works great to serve dips for picnics, parties, the Super Bowl, or any holiday using stuffed bell peppers. For a quick cooking lesson, watch the video on “How to: Make a Pepper Basket” below.
What you will need: a pepper (green, red or yellow), knife, spoon and a dip of your choice.
Rada Cutlery used the Utility Steak Knife for this project because of the blade which is just under five inches and the sharpness.
1. Take a pepper and turn it stem side down (you may need to cut off stem for it to sit flat).
2. On the top of the pepper move your knife about a third of the way in towards the center.
3. Make a vertical cut halfway through the pepper.
4. On the top of the pepper move your knife about half inch over from the previous cut.
5. Cut halfway down vertically through the pepper again.
6. Move your knife about halfway down the side of the pepper.
7. Cut horizontally until you meet the vertical cut you made in Step 2 and remove the piece.
8. Move your knife to the other side of the pepper and cut inwards horizontally until you meet the second vertical cut you made in Step 5. Remove the piece.
9. Now clear out the seeds and scoop in your favorite type of dip.
Need an idea for a dip to serve? Rada sells eight different quick mixes for various dips including Spinach Artichoke Dip, Cucumber Onion Dill Dip, Chipotle Dip, Tomato, Garlic and Basil Dip, Bacon Cheddar Dip, Buffalo Chicken Dip,Chile con Queso Dip and Applewood Smoked Bacon Dip. There is also a quick mix for a Garden Fresh Salsa.
Pepper Basket Video Transcript
Hi, I am Kristi and today I’d like to demonstrate a cute way to serve one of our quick mix dips. I’d like to make a pepper basket and to do that I like to use our utility steak knife. This is probably one of the most used knives I have in my home. I like the length of the blade and of course how sharp it is.
The first thing you will need is a green, red, or yellow pepper. Put it stem side down, you might have to break the stem off and you want to make sure it sits level. Then you will go in about a third of the way and cut down about half way. You will go over about a half of inch and make a cut half way again. Then you will come in and make a cut horizontal half way up until you meet that other cut.
That piece will come out. Turn it around, half way up and cut again. There is your handle. Then you want to remove the seeds and the insides. It is a really cute way to put our dips out for crackers and vegetables at any party so thanks for watching.
End of Pepper Basket Video Transcript