Pineapples can be difficult to cut because the tough outer skin and the stem at the top. In the video below, Chef Jere demonstrates how to cut a pineapple simply using the Rada Old Fashioned Butcher Knife. This knife cuts through the pineapple skin with ease.
Cut the whole pineapple in half. Take one section and cut that half into thirds. From there, cut out the core and cut into chunks for serving. Following Chef Jere’s method is a great way to serve pineapple as a garnish or as the side to a breakfast.
Pineapple Cutting Video
Old Fashioned Butcher Knife
The Old Fashioned Butcher Knife has a 7 ¾” blade for any heavy cutting. The hefty blade is ideal for splitting, stripping and cutting meat. This butcher knife can also be used on tougher or thicker fruit like pineapple or any larger melons.
The Best Fundraising!
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for countless nonprofit groups since 1948. By partnering with Rada Cutlery, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that will ensure success!
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. Great Products People Want – Rada Cutlery offers cutlery, kitchen utensils, stoneware pans, cookbooks, and much more! All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets are backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, so supporters can buy and use with confidence.
2. Enormous Profits on Sales – Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an incredible 40% average profit on items sold! That’s far more than most fundraisers. Your group’s efforts go further with Rada!
3. The Best Customer Service – Fundraising groups are known to rave about the quality of Rada’s customer service. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a complete success!
4. Three Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers not one but three unique sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profits! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true method that allows your group to offer catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and interaction with our stellar products. Online sales utilize the power of the Internet to allow fundraisers to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
5. American-Made Cutlery – Each and every Rada product is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unmatched skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Check us out on your favorite social media platform for the latest recipes, news, products, and more offered by Rada Cutlery!
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Cutting Pineapple Video Transcript:
Today we are using Rada’s Old Fashion Butcher Knife. This is a pretty unique knife, the shape, the form of it. Basically, it is used to cut just about anything, it is just like it says, and it is an old fashion butcher’s knife. It is used to cut chicken, tougher cuts of meat, around bones, through chicken breast. But today we are going to do a pineapple. I am going to show you the kind of nice garnish pineapple wedge.
We are going to start by cutting partially a part of the top off of it. Not the whole thing just a bit. Carefully we are going to cut down the middle. The nice thing about this butcher knife also is the rocking motion it can give you when you are cutting through a thick item like this, it does a good job. Next thing we are going to do, turn it on its side, meat side down and we are going to cut this into thirds, each half into thirds. Starting at the top I am just going to work our way through it. Turn it over this way, start at the bottom and work our way through there.
Next step will be to remove the middle, the core of the pineapple. You just want to cut into it, just a bit and then remove that top core. Our next step will be to cut that pineapple out. Make a cut on each side and carefully just run through until you get to your other cut. The next step will be to cut and dice this. Repeat. And repeat with the remaining pineapple. This is a nice little way to serve a brunch. A good ole pot of fruit with your Sunday brunch. There you have it, diced pineapple with the Old Fashioned Butcher Knife.
End of Cutting Pineapple Video Transcript.