Everyone loves those delicious mint thins you can buy at a restaurant or store, but you’ll adore the homemade kind even more. These sweet and refreshing treats are not only easy to make, they’re absolutely heavenly! Follow the written or video instructions below to learn how to make these wonderful thin mints for your friends and family.
Homemade Mint Thins Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 ½ C. semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided into 3/4 C.
- ½ C. milk chocolate chips, divided into 3/4 C.
- ¾ C. sweetened condensed milk, divided into 1.5/4 C.
- 1 tsp. vegetable shortening
- 1 C. white baking chips
- 2 ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
In a saucepan over low heat, add 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips.
Add 1.5/4 cup sweetened condensed milk to pan.
Add 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening to pan.
Melt ingredients, stirring as you go.
Once mixture is melted, spread across a 8 x 8″ pan lined with aluminum foil and coated with cooking spray.
Spread evenly. Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes while you prepare the next layer.
In a saucepan on low heat, melt 1 cup white chocolate chips. Stir.
Once chips are melted, add 2 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract.
Add several drops green food coloring.
Stir until white chocolate is green.
Remove first layer from refrigerator. Cover with the next mixture. Place in refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes while preparing the first layer.
Prepare the final layer in the same way you did the first, only without the vegetable oil. Coat over the middle layer.
Refrigerate for 2 hours or until completely set.
Remove candy from pan by lifting foil. Cut into small rectangles. Serve and enjoy these fantastic mint thins!
The Best Fundraiser!
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for countless nonprofit groups since 1948. By partnering with Rada Cutlery, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that will ensure success! Churches, schools, civic organizations, sports teams, youth groups, charities, and many more nonprofits meet and exceed their financial goals by partnering with Rada Cutlery!
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. Fantastic Products People Want – Rada Cutlery offers 26 pieces of cutlery, 21 kitchen utensils, 42 cookbooks, and six stoneware baking pans. 28 gift sets are perfect for any occasion, while 43 scrumptious Quick Mixes make incredible dishes with ease. People actually want Rada products, and can use them for life, as all cutlery, utensils, and gift sets are backed by a Lifetime Guarantee!
2. Huge Profits on Sales – Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an incredible 40% average profit on items sold! That’s far more than most fundraisers. Your group’s efforts go further with Rada, empowering the group to more good.
3. Unbeatable Customer Service – Fundraising groups are known to rave about the quality of Rada’s customer service. Rada is a company built on fundraising, and it shows in every way. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a success! Rada’s customer service is available by phone, online chat, email, and fax.
4. Three Profitable Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers not one but three unique sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profits! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true method that allows your group to offer catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Online sales utilize the power of the Internet to allow fundraisers to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
5. American-Made Products – Every Rada product is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unmatched skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of.
Check out Rada Cutlery’s latest fundraising catalog!
Check out the Rada Cutlery EASY Leader’s Guide to learn more about why a Rada fundraiser is what’s best for your group!
Follow Rada Online!
Check us out on your favorite social media platform for the latest recipes, news, and promotions offered by Rada Cutlery!
Products Made in the USA!
Everything Rada Cutlery offers, from knives to stoneware, is made in the USA. Rada’s products are made by American workers committed to producing the best kitchen products available. When you fundraise with Rada, you’re not just helping out your cause, but American industry, as well!
Watch this video to learn more about what makes Rada’s American-made products so remarkable!
What is Peppermint?
If you can read this, you’ve had peppermint, and even if you can’t, you still have! Peppermint is synonymous with dessert and treats, especially after dinner. But what is it, really?
Peppermint is a plant from which you can obtain the leaves and oil to make some of the world’s favorite treats. A cross between spearmint and watermint, this hybrid originally came from Europe and the Middle East, but can now be found just about anywhere. In addition to foods, you can find peppermint in chewing gum, ice cream, tea, toothpaste, and more!
Visit Southern Living’s website for a look at 10 outrageously tasty and gorgeous desserts made with peppermint!
Homemade Thin Mints Recipe Video Transcript
Start Video Transcript
Hi, welcome to the Rada Cutlery kitchen. My name is Kristy, and I like to share easy, fun, homemade recipes with you. I particularly like to share ones that can be found in our line of recipe books. Today I’m going to make some mint thins. This is out of our Copycat Candy Bars Recipe Book. It’s the chocolate mints with the green filling. They’re really easy to make. Just go out and buy a bag of white chocolate chips, a bag of milk chocolate chips, a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips, and a can of sweetened, condensed milk. That’s about all you need, along with some peppermint flavoring.
So, on low heat in a saucepan, we’re going to add ¾’s cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and then the ¼ cup milk chocolate chips. A ¼ cup of sweetened condensed milk, then a tablespoon of shortening. Just stir that together until it’s all smooth. After I melted that mixture I poured that into my pan. We’re just going to spread it out. Make sure it coats the bottom. Now you’ll want to refrigerate this bottom layer for 5 to 10 minutes and meanwhile we’ll melt our minty center.
Now to our white chocolate chips we’re going to add peppermint extract. And then some green food coloring to your liking, I’m going to start with a couple drops first. Stir. Now we’re going to spread this over our layer. Then we’re going to spread this chocolate layer over the mint layer. Now we’re going to refrigerate this for 2 hours then we’ll come back and cut them.
Now after 2 hours, our mint thins are ready to be cut. As you can see, the tinfoil makes it really nice to take out of that pan. I’m just going to take a paring knife, should get about 32 candy pieces out of this. These are the corner pieces as you can see. They have that nice green center.
End of Video Transcript