Make these spooky-fun and scary-good Meatball Eyeballs for a Halloween party food everyone is going to love. Featuring your favorite ground meat and olives baked in a zesty marinara sauce, these ghoulishly creepy treats are almost as fun to look at as they are to eat! Try these out for a Halloween appetizer that’ll have everyone raving (and screaming!).
Meatball Eyeball Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 lb ground beef, chicken, or turkey (we used chicken)
- ¼ Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pesto
- ¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups of marinara
- Black and green olives for eyeballs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop 1/4 cup fresh parsley.
In a large mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup parsley, 1/4 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup pesto.
Mix ingredients thoroughly.
Add fresh basil leaves and red pepper flakes to 3 cups marinara sauce. Stir.
Cover the bottom of a baking pan with the marinara.
Using your hands, roll 1 lb ground meat into meatballs.
Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each meatball and place an olive in the center, forming an eyeball shape. Place olive side up in the marinara-coated pan.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy these frighteningly good Halloween snacks!
The Best Baking Pan!
The Rada Rectangular Baker is the best pan you’ll find for all sorts of baking! This lead-free stoneware is made from a proprietary clay mixture that absorbs heat, ensuring a consistent, even baking temperature. Use it to bake cakes, casseroles, meatballs, french fries, and much more!
The Ideal Mixing Spatula!
Get the Rada Mixing Spatula for a pair of utensils that you’ll find yourself reaching for again and again! Made from a one-piece nylon construction, use these handy spatulas to mix, scrape, and stir ingredients for your favorite recipes. Like all Rada Cutlery products, the Mixing Spatula is made in the USA!
Raise Nonprofit Funds with Rada!
Since 1948, Rada Cutlery has made American’s favorite cutlery and kitchen products and offered them to consumers at a great value. These products can be utilized by your nonprofit group to raise money for good causes. Every year, tens of thousands of nonprofits partner with Rada Cutlery to host fundraisers. Here are five reasons why Rada has become the fundraiser of choice for groups across America:
1. Make Huge Profits with Each Sale – Many fundraisers offer paltry profit margins such as 10% or 15%. When your group fundraises with Rada, each item sold makes a robust 40% profit. This means your group’s efforts go further than ever before!
2. Unbeatable Kitchen Products – Rada fundraisers stand apart from the rest by virtue of their stellar products. Groups get to offer their supporters top-notch Rada kitchen products, items people actually need and want. With a selection that includes dozens of knives and utensils, stoneware pans, recipe books, and dry food mixes, there’s certain to be something for everyone and a lot for most!
3. Second-to-None Customer Service – Rada is a company built on fundraising, and the customer service reflects that. Rada’s friendly customer service staff is dedicated to helping your fundraiser be an outstanding success. Reach them by phone, email, online chat, fax, or mail.
4. Three Great Sales Methods – No one group is the same, and Rada fundraisers offer three distinct sales methods to reflect that. The most common method is catalog sales, where your group members offer supporters catalogs from which to browse and order. Then there’s event sales, where your group sets up a station at an event or gathering and sells the items directly to supporters. Last but not least is Rada’s cutting-edge online fundraising, where your group can easily offer Rada products to supporters all over the country.
5. American-Made Products – All Rada Cutlery products completely American-made, from materials to manufacture. People love buying such products for their high quality and support of American industry.
These groups offer Rada Cutlery to their supporters, with each sale earning the organization an astounding 40% profit! Every day, thousands of churches, schools, civic organizations, clubs, sports teams, and more get where they want to be by hosting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser.
Online Fundraising Tips for Nonprofits!
Our new 17 Social Media Strategies for Church Fundraising Guide is bursting with useful tips that will take your fundraiser to the next level. Churches, church groups, mission trips, and many more will find plenty to use in this helpful guide. Check it out for yourself and see!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Rada Cutlery is always putting out new and exciting recipes, as well as video posts, cooking and fundraising advice, and more! Follow us on your favorite social media platforms.
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Meatball Eyeballs Instructional Video Recipe Transcript
Start Video Transcript
Hey everybody, Jess in the Rada Kitchen, thanks for joining me! Today we’re going to make an appetizer that you can serve at your next Halloween party. These Meatball Eyeballs are made with ground chicken and pesto and are baked in a marinara sauce. This spooky crowd-pleaser will be a hit with everyone! Let’s go ahead and get started.
OK, first thing’s first. Let’s get our fresh parsley chopped. I’m going to grab my Rada French Chef’s knife and just give it a quick go-through. This is going to give our meatballs a fleck of color and flavor. Now we’re going to add everything to our ground chicken. You can use ground turkey or beef. I like this because it’s going to be light in texture and color. First comes chopped parsley, a fourth cup Parmesan cheese, and a fourth cup Italian whole wheat bread crumbs. Lastly, I have some ready-made pesto. I’m going to do a few heaping teaspoons of that. It’s going to give us a nice, salty garlic flavor.
I’m ready to combine ingredients. So with our Rada Mixing Spatula we’re going to stir all of these components together and then we’re going to add with our meatballs and use olives for the eyes. Here I have just a little over 3 cups of one of my favorite marinara sauces. You can use whichever you like. I’m going to use about a half teaspoon of crushed red pepper. To that I will add fresh basil that I’m going to tear. Then a couple more to brighten up our sauce. Give it a stir and it’s ready for our baking dish.
Here I have my Rada Rectangular Baker. To this I’m going to put down that sauce. This is going to be our spooky, gory element to this dish. Let’s roll some meatballs. I’m taking a small scoop of the ground chicken mixture, giving it a roll, adding a green or black olive that I pop into the middle and into the pan it goes. OK, so here we have our eyeballs all prepped and ready for the oven. We’re just going to cover them and they’re going to bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
So here we have our ground chicken and pesto eyeballs. These will be perfect for your next Halloween event. They’re flavorful, healthy, and low fat. Thanks for joining me today, be sure to check us out at RadaCutlery.com and to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
End of Video Transcript