Summertime is here! That means lovely weather and rewarding camping trips. This potato wedge recipe is perfect for any camping trip, or for grilling out on a sunny day. It’s an easy and quick grilling recipe that does not take long to make. It can be found below or in our Campfire Cooking cookbook.
Potato Wedge Ingredients:
- 2 to 3 large potatoes (depending on how many people you are serving) washed and scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cover the grate of the grill with aluminum foil.
- Preheat grill or place grilling grate over campfire.
- Cut potatoes into 1/3″ to 1/2″ wedges.
- Brush potato slices with olive oil and sprinkle with dried thyme and dried oregano.
- Lay potato wedges over aluminum foil on grill.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill wedges to desired tenderness, turning occasionally
- Serve and enjoy!
For more campfire recipes, order our the Campfire Cooking cookbook.
A nature scavenger hunt is an easy activity to plan for your kids if you are spending an afternoon outdoors. Just compile a list of things found in nature like something green, something shiny, a flower or a four leaf clover and the first one to find them all or the most in an hour wins. If you are looking for more fun kid-friendly activities try to do while camping you can also visit Family Fun for more ideas.
If your kids are involved in a group looking for a fundraiser, consider fundraising with Rada Cutlery! We have been helping groups raise money since 1948.
Below you will find a sample list of youth groups that choose to fundraise with Rada Cutlery.
- Cub Scouts, Webelos and Boy Scouts
- 4H Clubs and FFA
- Daisy and Girl Scouts
- Gymanstic Clubs, Tumble and Cheer Clubs
- Daycare, Head Start and Preschool groups
- Swim Teams
- Soccer Teams & Soccer Clubs
- Little Leagues and traveling teams
- Girls Softball and Volleyball
- Elementary Schools and PTO, Middle School and High School too
- Washington DC Class Trips
- Dance Groups
- Wrestling Clubs
- Church Youth Group, Sunday School and Bible School
- After Prom and Project Graduation
- Spanish Trips – French and German too
- Honor Society and Student Council
- Booster Clubs of all types such as Athletic Boosters, Band Boosters, Football Boosters, etc
- BETA Clubs, Junior Achievement
- PeeWee Football, Basketball
- AAU Sports Teams
- Homeschool Groups
- Cheerleaders – Elementary, Middle School and High School
- Marching Band, Choir Trips
Check out the Rada Cutlery EASY guide to learn more about why a Rada fundraiser is what’s best for your group!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Check us out on your favorite social media platform for the latest recipes, news, and more offered by Rada Cutlery!
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Pin it to Pinterest!
I love to add powdered garlic or garlic salt to my potato dishes. I go to my local Hispanic grocery store and get ajo cubes (concentrated garlic powder in little cubes). One goes a LONG way and adds a deeper garlic-y flavor.
Colby, Thank you for the great cooking tip. We hope you enjoyed the post and visit again!