St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is perhaps the most famous children’s hospital in America. Located in Memphis, Tennessee, the hospital elusively treats and researches serious childhood diseases. It has become world-renowned both for its stellar treatment of terrible illnesses and groundbreaking research into cures.
One of the many notable things about St. Jude is that patients do not pay for treatment. Whether or not a child’s family is insured or has the means to pay for costly medical treatments, there is no charge at St. Jude. They even provide a place to stay for up to three family members, along with transportation and other expenses. This generous policy, along with the hospital’s cutting edge research, means that St. Jude’s operating costs are nearly $2 million each day.
How You Can Help St. Jude?
St. Jude relies on the charitable donations of kind people across the world. 75% of St. Jude’s is covered by public contributions, meaning that every dollar is important. As of 2012, 81% of every dollar donated to St. Jude went directly to treatment and research. When donating to St. Jude, there’s no such thing as a small donation, only an important one!
If you or someone you know is passionate about children’s healthcare, a Rada Cutlery fundraiser is a great way to help!
Fundraising for St. Jude with Rada Cutlery
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for tens of thousands of nonprofit and charitable groups each year since 1948. By partnering with Rada Cutlery, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that all but guarantee success.
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is your the best choice for St. Jude hospital fundraising:
1. Great Products People Want – Rada Cutlery offers much more than 26 pieces of cutlery. There are 21 kitchen utensils that cover virtually every recipe, 42 cookbooks with countless recipes, and six stoneware baking pans that put glass and metal dishes to shame. 28 gift sets are great for any special occasion, while our 43 delicious Quick Mixes make incredible appetizers, desserts, and meals. All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets come with a Lifetime Guarantee!
2. Massive Profits on All Sales – Most fundraisers offer low profits, but Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an incredible 40% average profit on items sold. Your group’s efforts make a bigger difference with Rada!
3. The Best Customer Service – Rada’s customer service representatives are courteous, friendly, and above all, knowledgeable! Your call is answered by skilled staff at our facility in Waverly, Iowa. Whether you’re contacting Rada by phone or online, your fundraiser will always get the help it needs to thrive!
4. Three Unique Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers a variety of sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profit! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true, classic sales method that sees your group offering catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Last but not least is online sales, which lets groups utilize the power of the Internet to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
5. USA-Made Cutlery – Every Rada product, without exception, is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unparalleled skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
The History of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
St. Jude has been at the forefront of treating childhood diseases since 1962. It was founded by Danny Thomas, a comedian and TV actor. When he was coming up in show business, Thomas vowed that, should he become a success, he would open a shrine dedicated to St. Jude Thaddeus, the patron saint of hopeless causes. After becoming a household name, Thomas kept his word and founded the hospital.
Since then, it has become a beacon of hope to the world’s sick children. When St. Jude was founded in 1962, the survival rate for childhood cancer was 20%. Today it is 80%, and that is directly thanks to the amazing work done at St. Jude.
Medical Research Fundraising
St. Jude has done invaluable work, but it is far from alone when it comes to raising money to treat and cure diseases. Organizations such as the Relay for Life, March of Dimes, Alzheimer’s Association, the American Diabetes Association, the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, and many more.
Rada Cutlery is proud that our fundraisers often go to support crucial medical research. One of our most common fundraisers has to do with Relay for Life, whose efforts go towards curing cancer. Check out our Ultimate Guide to Relay for Life fundraising to pick up ideas that can be used for any medical fundraising effort. You will find chapters on “Fundraise Smarter,” “Stages of the Fundraiser,” and “Promoting your Fundraiser.”