An impeccable fresh strawberry pie recipe! This pie is easy to make and will definitely impress your special someone.
Fresh Strawberry Pie Ingredients
- 1 pie shell (9 inch), pre-baked
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries (these can either be whole or halved)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 package of wild strawberry or plain strawberry Jello (3 ounces)
How to Make Fresh Strawberry Pie
- First cook the sugar, cornstarch and water until it is boiling. Then cook and stir the mixture another two minutes. At this point the mixture should look thick and clear.
- Next remove the mixture from the stovetop and stir in Jell-O until the powder has dissolved.
- Place the strawberries either cut or whole into the pie shell you baked earlier. You can use the Rada Cutlery Pie Plate to bake your pie crust. The Pie Plate will evenly bake your pie crust and leave it crisp.
- Take the mixture you added the Jell-O to and pour it over the strawberries.
- Next place the pie in the refrigerator for two hours or until firm before serving.
- Finally cut and serve. This pie goes very well with whipped cream. The Rada Cutlery serrated pie server is perfect for serving this pie.
The Best Nonprofit Fundraising Idea is Rada Cutlery!
Rada Cutlery is the perfect way to raise the funds your group needs! Every year, over 19,000 groups partner with Rada to raise money for great causes. Churches, schools, clubs, youth groups, sports teams, civic organizations, and more make the money they need with a Rada fundraiser.
Pie Crust Pointers
- When making pie crust, use ice water in the recipe to ensure the fats don’t melt into the dough. This makes a flaky crust.
- If you’re making pie crust dough, make sure your work area is as cold as possible. This will make it easier to keep the dough firm and together. Also, handle it as little as possible.
- Use just enough water for the dough to come together — too much water will make dough too tough and too little will make it crumbly.