Looking for a patriotic 4th of July dessert idea? Try this simple American flag cookie pizza. It’s the perfect 4th of July fruit pizza! It’s the perfect sweet treat for a sunny Fourth of July party!
This is a great treat for any occasion, especially as a patriotic dessert for Memorial Day or Independence Day. Try this recipe for your next summer get-together. Step by step directions are directly below, or, if you prefer, watch the video instructions at the bottom.
Fruit Flag Pizza Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 tube sugar cookie dough (or use your own recipe)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ pkg. Island Coconut Quick Mix (this can be substituted with a 1/2 c white sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla)
- 2 to 3 cups Sliced Fresh Fruit (Strawberries, Kiwi, Mandarin Oranges, Red or Green Grapes)
Spread cookie dough onto a 12″ x 15″ cookie sheet baking stone and cook according to package directions. Remove from oven and let cool.
While cookie dough is cooling, mix ½ package of Quick Mix with 8-ounces of softened cream cheese.
Our Island Coconut Sweet Dip Quick Mix will give your frosting a fruity flavor you won’t be able to duplicate, but if you don’t have our mix, try mixing your cream cheese with 1/2 c white sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla.
Spread flavored cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie crust.
Slice fresh fruit and layer over cream cheese. Try strawberries and blueberries like Kristy did to make it look like a flag!
You’re done! Show off your beautiful creation at a family get-together or reunion. This treat is perfect for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July!
Fruit Flag Pizza
- 1 tube sugar cookie dough, or use your own recipe
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ pkg. Island Coconut Rada Quick Mix, this can be substituted with a 1/2 c white sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 to 3 cups Sliced Fresh Fruit, Strawberries, Kiwi, Mandarin Oranges, Red or Green Grapes
- Spread cookie dough onto a 12″ x 15″ cookie sheet baking stone and cook according to package directions. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cookie dough is cooling, mix ½ package of Quick Mix, or the 1/2 c white sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla, with 8-ounces of softened cream cheese.
- Spread flavored cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie crust.
- Slice fresh fruit and layer over cream cheese. Try strawberries and blueberries to make it look like a flag!
- You’re done!
- red raspberries
- red seedless grapes
- pitted cherries
- black seedless grapes
Now you can enjoy your patriotic 4th of July dessert!
Read on to find Kristy’s video below that will show you step by step how to make our flag fruit pizza.
Four Easy Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Fruits
1. Did you know that if you slice citrus lengthwise you get more juice? You can get 3 times as much juice from a lemon simply by slicing it lengthwise instead of crosswise! Who knew? A lemon sliced crosswise — the way most people would normally cut it — yields around 2 tablespoons of juice. The one that is sliced lengthwise yields up to 1/3 cup!
2. Wrapping bananas in a newspaper and then refrigerating them can keep them fresh for longer. Don’t you hate it when that banana you were saving goes bad? Next time, try this simple tip to save your bananas for a longer time.
3. To preserve lemons, coat them with coconut oil and refrigerate them in an open container. If you’re like most people, your lemons are shoved in the fridge in a flimsy plastic bag. But lemons, if stored at room temperature, can only last a week before they start hardening.
4. Make your lemons more squeezable: Microwave a lemon for a few seconds. It’ll make it softer and easier to squeeze.
Fundraise with Rada Cutlery!
A Rada Cutlery fundraiser is your group’s best bet for meeting and even exceeding financial goals. Here are a few reasons why!
1. 40% Profit – When your group fundraises with Rada, each sale makes an amazing 40% profit!
2. Stellar USA-Made Products – Rada’s products are the best in both quality and value. We offer 26 pieces of cutlery that set the standard for durability and sharpness. 21 kitchen utensils make a chef’s life easier, while 43 unique Quick Mixes not only taste great, but can even change the way you cook. Our 42 recipe books introduce you to an enormous number of delicious recipes, while 6 stoneware pans cook foods better than those made of metal or glass. And last but not least, 28 gift sets are available to make the ideal present for any occasion! All cutlery, kitchen utensils, and gift sets are backed by a Lifetime Guarantee. Click here to browse our most popular products!
3. Stellar Customer Service – Rada’s experienced customer service can’t be beat! Whatever your question or need, they’re happy to help in any way possible.
4. Sell Your Way – Rada offers three ways to fundraise. Try catalog sales, event sales, online sales, or a combination of the three in order to maximize your group’s profits!
5. American-Made Cutlery – Unlike most kitchen products, everything sold by Rada is 100% made in the USA, from design to manufacture. Visit our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill make Rada the best for your fundraiser!
Who Designed the American Flag?
You might have heard that the first American flag was designed by Betsy Ross. Though that’s possible, it’s far from certain!
Watch the Fruit Flag Pizza Recipe Video
Check out Kristy’s video about making fruit pizza. She’ll take you through the process step by step.
Hi Kristy at the Rada Kitchen and today I’d like to share with you the fruit pizza recipe I used to make our flag fruit pizza on the cover of our catalog, 2012-2013. It is also on our www.radaquickmixrecipes.com website.
The ingredients you will need are a tube of sugar cookie dough, or you can use your own homemade recipe, 8 oz. cream cheese softened, 1/2 package of Island Coconut Rada Quick Mix and 2 to 3 cups of sliced fresh fruit, I am making the flag so today I am using sliced strawberries and blueberries. You could also use kiwi, oranges and red or green grapes.
The first thing you will do is cut your cookie dough. I am going to cut it into slices like the package says and I am using the Rada Cookie Sheet. It doesn’t matter if these break up because we are going to form it anyway. This would make a great flag pizza for the 4th of July or a welcome home party for a soldier or veteran. Now, what I have learned with this cookie dough is that it expands as it cooks so you don’t want to get it to the very edge. It’s going to expand, probably, 3 inches or so. So you kind of form it with your fingers into a rectangular flag shape. It will keep the shape, it will just get bigger as it cooks. Ok, we will put it in our pre-heated oven according to the cookie dough instructions on the package.
So while the crust is in the oven baking we’ll mix up the filling. So we have 8 ounces of softened cream cheese and we are going to take the Handi-stir and you’re going to add half the package of the Island Coconut, you could actually use the Vanilla Latte or you could use the Raspberry, it doesn’t matter which flavor you use…(mixing). Alright, you might want to put that in the refrigerator until your crust gets baked and cooled. Meanwhile you can slice up, I am using strawberries because it’s the flag so I am going to cut it into 3 or 4 slices. I am going to make them even so they lay even. When I put them on the pizza you can either stack ’em or lay them flat, but we’ll show that when we get back with the crust.
So our cookie dough crust is cooled, baked and cooled, and now we’re going to add our sweet mix dip that we made, we did the Island Coconut. I am using the Super Spreader to spread it. I’m leaving it on this cookie sheet, you don’t have to transfer it, it will be easy to carry that way, it has little handles on each end. And now we will make it look like a flag.
So with my spreader I am going to kinda draw how you think the flag will look. You will cover that up anyway….(placing blueberries). So now you have your blueberries on and now we’re going to do the strawberries, they are the stripes. Now you want these to all face the same direction so it looks uniform. So you leave a little space to represent the white stripes. So I have all the strawberries on and there’s the flag fruit pizza and a good way to cut this would be with the Rada Pizza Cutter and you can serve it with the Rada Severspoon.
You can find this Fruit Pizza Recipe at www.RadaQuickMixRecipes.com.
Flag Fruit Pizza – Catalog Cover Selection
Each year we brainstorm ideas for the new Rada Cutlery catalog cover which starts circulation in August. It is not always obvious which idea is best – but we knew immediately the flag fruit pizza idea was a winner! Rada Cutlery is red, white and blue proud. We know our customers appreciate that Rada knives are 100% Made in the USA (materials and workmanship). Rada Mfg. Co. is locally owned and we have never had a layoff since we started in 1948. Below is a picture of our shop floor in Waverly, Iowa.