Make this amazing homemade egg drop soup for a Chinese favorite the whole family will love! One of the most popular elements of Chinese cuisine in America, this egg drop soup is easy to make and tastes as good as what you’d get in a restaurant.
Egg Drop Soup Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 4 C. prepared chicken stock
- 1/2 t. grated fresh ginger
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- 2 green onions, chopped (including ends)
- 1/2 t. sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
In a pan on medium heat, add 4 cups prepared chicken stock.
Add 1 smashed garlic clove and 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger. Bring the liquid to a simmer.
Whisk 3 large eggs. Make a cornstarch slurry with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and cold water in a bowl.
Remove the garlic clove from the pan. Add the cornstarch slurry and whisk. Add salt, white pepper, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
Slowly add the egg mixture. Top that with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and 2 chopped green onions.
Serve and enjoy!
The Best Whisk!
The Rada Handi-Stir is a wire whisk that’s a must-have for any kitchen! It features an innovative design that allows it to easily reach corners and bottoms of pans for maximum mixing contact. The Handi-Stir is perfect for mixing batters, eggs, gravies, gelatin, sauces, and much more! Like all Rada products, the Handi-Stir is American-made, and comes with a Lifetime Guarantee!
Get your own Rada Handi-Stir at the online Rada Kitchen Store!
The Best Ladle for Soup!
The Rada Non-Scratch Soup Ladle is the only utensil you’ll ever need for serving the perfect bowl of egg drop soup! It features a 1/3 cup capacity that allows for easy control as well as generous portions. The non-scratch surface is safe for use with non-stick pans, while a sturdy metal stem and oval handle allow for an easy grip. It’s made in the USA, and thoroughly protected by a Lifetime Guarantee!
Visit the online Rada Kitchen Store to have the Rada Non-Scratch Soup Ladle delivered to your home!
The Top Fundraising Experience!
Tens of thousands of nonprofit groups choose Rada Cutlery as their fundraising partner every year Hosting a Rada fundraiser comes with a number of decisive advantages that help ensure a successful effort!
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is your the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. Products People Want – Rada Cutlery offers 26 phenomenal knives as well as 21 kitchen utensils, 42 cookbooks, and six stoneware baking pans. 28 gift sets make the perfect present, while 43 delicious Quick Mixes make incredible dishes. A Lifetime Guarantee protects all cutlery, utensils, and gift sets, so Rada products last for life!
2. Huge Profits on Sales – Most fundraisers offer small profits, but Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an incredible 40% average profit on items sold. Your group’s tireless efforts go even further with Rada!
3. Three Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers a variety of sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profit! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true, classic sales method that sees your group offering catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Last but not least is online sales, which lets utilize the power of the Internet to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
4. Amazing Customer Service – Fundraisers are known to rave about the quality of Rada’s customer service. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a success!
5. American-Made Kitchen Products – Every Rada product, without exception, is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unparalleled skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Visit our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Our fundraising website has all the information you need to get your Rada Cutlery fundraiser started!
Check out our fundraising catalog!
Check out our Fundraising Made EASY Leader’s Guide for a quick look at Rada fundraisers!
Egg Drop Soup Video Recipe
Start Video Transcript
Hi, Jess in the Rada Kitchen, thanks so much for joining me. Today I’m going to show you how to make egg drop soup. It’s one of my family’s favorites, but we hate to wait to go out and enjoy it. So with just a handful of ingredients and a short amount of time, I’ll show you how to make it just like we do!
The first ingredient to make our egg drop soup is 4 cups of chicken stock. We’ll bring that into our pan going over medium heat. To this I’m adding one smashed garlic clove. To this I’m going to zest a little bit of ginger root. Ginger is super fibrous which is why we need to grate it. It’s so fragrant and has tons of medicinal purposes so there we go. We’re going to let this come up to a simmer before we add our other ingredients.
Here I have 3 large brown organic eggs that we’re just going to crack into our mixing bowl, being careful not to get any of the shell in. Now with my Rada Handi-Stir we’re just going to whisk these up.
Let’s go ahead and remove our garlic clove. I’m using the Rada Non-Scratch Cook’s Spoon with Holes. There we go, just set that aside. To our simmering we’re going to stir in cornstarch slurry, which is just cold water and about a tablespoon of cornstarch. We’re going to whisk that in until it is thickened up, which doesn’t take very long. There we go. To this I’m going to add some white pepper. A little bit more. And then about a tablespoon of soy sauce.
Now this is about enough for 2 people, so I would suggest doubling or even tripling the recipe, because if your family is like mine, this will be gone in no time. So we are ready to add whisked eggs to our soup. We’re going to start circling our broth and very slowly pouring in our egg mixture. It’s going to feather in the pan. There we go. The final ingredient that we’ll add to this is sesame oil and some fresh, green scallions. You can add green peas, carrots, and corn to this. But we like ours nice and traditional.
So here off our stove we have our traditional egg drop soup ready to be served. Thanks so much for joining us today! Be sure to check us out at RadaCutlery.com, and to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
End of Video Transcript