You’ll have to look far and wide to find a meal half as good as this incredible barbecued beef brisket! Cooked to perfection in a cast iron Dutch oven and seasoned just how you like it, this makes an unforgettable meal indoors and out!
BBQ Beef Brisket Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 (3 lb.) beef brisket
- 2 to 3 onions
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Hot sauce to taste, optional
Trim an appropriate amount of fat of 3 lb. brisket.
Chop 2 to 3 onions.
Put a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
Once oil is visibly reacting to heat, place in Dutch oven.
Brown by cooking both sides.
Once both sides are brown, add the freshly chopped onions.
Stir onions, allowing to cook until tender.
Once onions are tender, add 2 cups hot water.
Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Add hot sauce to taste, or leave it out, if you prefer a mild flavor.
Cover and let simmer for approximately an hour.
In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup tomato soup.
Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon brown sugar to mixture.
Once brisket has simmered for about an hour, remove lid and stir.
Pour tomato mixture across brisket.
Add water if necessary. Recover and let simmer for 1 hour 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
The Best Carving Knife!
The Rada Carver/Boner carves and slices meats better than anything else you can find! It features a flexible, razor-sharp blade that’s ideal for trimming fat and slicing meats for serving. Made in the USA, it’s also protected by a Lifetime Guarantee!
The Best Chef’s Knife!
The Rada French Chef Knife is the best tool for home cooks and professional chefs alike! This large stainless steel knife features a long blade to cut fruits, vegetables, and other foods easily and quickly. The offset handle keeps your knuckles safely clear of the blade, while it is works fabulously for crushing garlic. It’s protected by a Lifetime Guarantee, and, like all Rada Cutlery products, it’s made in the USA!
The Best Fork for Handling Meat!
The Rada Carving Fork is the go-to utensil for handling meat for millions of cooks across America! This handy little kitchen product features two long prongs for use in carving or lifting cooked meats. It comes with a lifetime guarantee, and is designed and manufactured in the USA!
The Best Side for BBQ Brisket!
Try this incredible recipe for the perfect side dish!
What are Some BBQ Tips for Beginners?
If you’re looking to take your brisket to the grill, don’t turn on the heat until you’ve read our BBQ guide! Filled with tips on using the grill to cook brisket, steak, chicken, and more, it’s an easy way to make your meats taste better than ever.
The Best Successful Fundraiser!
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for countless nonprofit groups since 1948. By partnering with Rada Cutlery, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that will ensure success!
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. Amazing Customer Service – Fundraising groups are known to rave about the quality of Rada’s customer service. Rada is a company built around fundraising, and when it comes to customer service, it shows. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a success!
2. Three Effective Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers not one but three unique sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profits! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true method that allows your group to offer catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Online sales utilize the power of the Internet to allow fundraisers to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
2. Fantastic Products People Actually Want – Rada Cutlery offers cutlery, kitchen utensils, stoneware pans, cookbooks, and much more! All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets are backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, so supporters can buy and use with confidence. Since Rada offers something for everyone (and a lot for most), sales will come easy!
4. Enormous Profits on Sales – Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an huge 40% average profit on items sold! That’s far more than most fundraisers. Your group’s efforts go further with Rada!
5. USA-Made Cutlery – Every Rada product is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unmatched skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Start a Rada Fundraiser Today
Starting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser is easy:
- Request your free information packet. This will go into further detail and provide all the information you need.
- Order your fundraising materials. Depending on what kind of sales methods you are using, this could mean you are shipped catalogs, products, or both.
- Start your fundraiser. Let everyone know you’re fundraising with Rada Cutlery. Many know the Rada name and will jump at the chance to support your efforts.
- Submit your total order. Tally everything up and send it in. For sales over $1000, we have a convenient simple sorted order system to make the process a snap.
- Receive and distribute products. They’ll ship within two days, and then you can give your supporters what they ordered.
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Rada is on social media! Visit our various pages to get the latest recipes, Rada products, and more.
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Products Made in the USA!
Everything Rada Cutlery offers, from knives to utensils to stoneware, is made in the USA! From our headquarters in Waverly, Iowa, Rada’s products are made by workers committed to producing the best kitchen products you can find.
Barbecued Beef Brisket Video Recipe
Pin it to Pinterest!
BBQ Beef Brisket Video Transcript:
Hi, welcome to the Rada Cutlery kitchen. My name is Kristy, and today I’m sharing a recipe from our Cast Iron Cooking recipe book. With this cook book, you can cook meals inside or out, on the oven or stovetop, or over a campfire. It’s a really neat book with main dishes, desserts, side dishes, as well as directions for both indoor and outdoor cooking. Today I’m going to make a barbecued beef brisket. Brisket is kind of a popular meat right now.
For this you’ll need a 3 pound brisket. You can trim a lot of the fat off, you don’t need a lot of fat, but you do want to keep about a quarter inch. You can cook it with fat up or down. I like to take this Rada Carver/Boner, a nice, flexible knife that’s very sharp, and trim fat. It easily trims fat away. This knife is razor sharp, and cuts easily through meats and fats, while its flexibility allows it to cut around bones. Then you’ll need 2 chopped onions. It doesn’t matter what kind, whatever you prefer. Now, if you have a big chopping job, this Rada French Chef Knife is perfect. The super-sharp knife makes it easy to cut with one chop. Now, this is a pretty large brisket, 3 lbs, so you’re going to need a 12” cast iron Dutch oven. If you want to cook it outside you’ll need the kind with the legs on it, and at least 22 hot coals.
Alright, so I have my Dutch oven on medium heat. We’re going to add a tablespoon of vegetable oil. As you can tell, it’s getting hot, so when you feel it’s hot enough and can hear it popping like that, we’re going to throw our brisket in there. We’re going to brown it on both sides. As you can see, it’s getting brown on one side, so we’re going to flip it over. Now we’re going to push that aside now that we have it nicely browned. We’re going to put our onions in there to sauté. You want them touching that metal. You’ll have to stir once in a while. We’re just going to cook the onions until they’re tender. And if there’s anyone in your house they’re going to come running, because this smells wonderful.
Our onions are nice and tender. Now we’re going to add 2 cups of hot water. We’re going to reduce heat to low and then about a teaspoon of salt and a half teaspoon of pepper. If you like, you can add some hot sauce. Then we’re going to cover this and simmer it on low for 1 hour.
Now, for our BBQ sauce, in a small bowl we’re going to take a half cup of ketchup. A half cup of tomato soup. A tablespoon of lemon juice. A tablespoon of brown sugar. We’re just going to mix this well. This is the Rada Handi-Stir. I use it for all my mixing jobs, it’s great to make scrambled eggs, it’s good for gelatin and puddings. It just mixes everything really well.
So my brisket has been simmering for about an hour. Now we’re going to add our tomato mixture. Just going to move these onions aside to get the tomatoes on that brisket. Then we’re going to cover this again and continue cooking it on low for about an hour and 15 minutes. You should stir occasionally, if it looks like it needs more water, you can add some. If you prefer, you can put it in the oven at 300 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes. Then you’ll want to let it rest 10 minutes after it’s done cooking. Then slice it against the grain.
End of Video Transcript