Looking for a great cupcake idea that would be fun for both kids and adults? Then look no further than Leon the Lion! Leon is a friendly lion, but he’s also a cupcake cake, one that’s easy to make and certain to thrill everyone who sees it. Check out our instructions or our video to learn how to make this delightful cupcake cake!
Fun Lion Cupcake Cake Recipe (“Leon the Lion”)
Ingredients you will need:
- 14″ x 18″ serving base
- Waxed paper
- Rolling pin
- Plastic piping bag with tips
- 19 standard chocolate cupcakes in liners
- 3 C. chocolate buttercream frosting
- 1 1/2 C. peanut butter icing
- Black decorating icing with tips
Bake 19 standard chocolate cupcakes in liners. Place on serving base in the pattern pictured below (3-4-5-4-3).
Secure cupcakes to base with icing on the bottom.
Spread peanut butter icing to form lion face, including 2 ears.
Place a large piece of wax paper over the cupcakes and spread the peanut butter icing by carefully rolling a rolling pin.
Fill a bag with buttercream icing and fit with a grass tip.
Pipe frosting in outside layers to make the lion’s hair.
Mark the lion’s facial features with a toothpick.
Change the tip of the icing bag to a large, round tip to pipe the top portion of the lion’s nose.
Pipe black icing in to complete the facial features.
Serve Leon and enjoy!
A Phenomenal Steel Spreader!
The Rada Super Spreader is the absolute best utensil for spreading creams, condiments, and more! This stainless steel kitchen tool is great for frosting pies or cakes, spreading condiments, cutting sandwiches and bread, serving, and all sorts of other tasks. It is backed with a Lifetime Guarantee, and, like all Rada Cutlery products, it’s made in the USA!
Too Cute To Eat, Too Tasty Not To!
Get other delightfully cute recipes from our Almost Too Cute to Eat cookbook! This kid-friendly cookbook offers an array of goodies that are as fun to make as they are to eat. Whether you’re cooking with kids, for kids, or for the kid-at-heart, Almost Too Cute to Eat has plenty of recipes to brighten your day.
Fundraise with Rada Cutlery!
Rada Cutlery is the best way to raise the funds your nonprofit group needs! Every year, tens of thousands of groups partner with Rada to raise money for good causes. Churches, clubs, schools, sports teams, civic organizations, and more make the money they need with a Rada fundraiser.
The Best Successful Fundraiser!
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for countless nonprofit groups since 1948. By partnering with Rada Cutlery, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that will ensure success!
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. Incredible Customer Service – Fundraising groups are known to rave about the quality of Rada’s customer service. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a success!
2. Stellar Products People Actually Want – Rada Cutlery offers cutlery, kitchen utensils, stoneware pans, cookbooks, and much more! All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets are backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, so supporters can buy and use with confidence.
3. Enormous Profits on Sales – Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an amazing 40% average profit on items sold! That’s far more than most fundraisers. Your group’s efforts go further with Rada!
4. Three Effective Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers not one but three unique sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profits! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true method that allows your group to offer catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Online sales utilize the power of the Internet to allow fundraisers to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
5. USA-Made Cutlery – Every Rada product is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unmatched skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Check us out on your favorite social media platform for the latest recipes, news, and more offered by Rada Cutlery!
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Lion Cupcake Cake Recipe Video Transcript
Start Video Transcript
Hi, it’s Kristi in the Rada Cutlery Kitchen, and today I want to show you how to make a cute cupcake cake called “Leon the Lion.”
First, arrange 19 standard cupcakes on a serving base. Lay 5 cupcakes vertically down the middle. Next, add 4 cupcakes to each side, and end with 3 cupcakes at the outside edge. Smooth peanut butter icing to form the lion face, including 2 ears. Place a large piece of wax paper over the face and gently roll over it with a rolling pin. Fill a bag with chocolate buttercream icing and fit it with a “grass” tip.
Pipe the frosting on the outside in layers to form the lion’s hair. Mark facial features with a toothpick. Change the tip of the icing bag to a large, round tip to pipe the top portion of the lion’s nose. Pipe black icing from the tube to complete the facial features.
And there you have Leon the Lion, a fun treat that both kids and adults will love. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and visit us at our website at RadaCutlery.com.
End of Video Transcript