Crab Meat Rangoons are everyone’s favorite part of the Chinese restaurant dining experience. But it need not be limited to a night out; this delicious appetizer can easily be made at home! Make this whenever serving an Asian-inspired dinner, or just as an out-of-this-world snack!
Crab Meat Rangoons Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1 pkg. crab meat
- 2 T. lemon juice
- White pepper
- 4 x 4″ pasta wrap sheets
- 1 egg white
- Vegetable oil
Chop 1 package crab meat, genuine or imitation. The Rada Chef’s Dicer is your best way to do this, as its square blade makes fine chopping an effortless task.
In a bowl, mix chopped crab meat, 1 8 ounce package softened cream cheese, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. If desired, add white pepper.
Take pasta wrap sheet and, using 1 egg white, coat the edges of 2 sides of sheet together. Place 1 tablespoon of mixture in center of wrap sheet.
Fold pasta sheet over filling and press down. Repeat until mixture is used up.
Place prepared crab rangoons in heating implement with vegetable oil boiling at 325-350 degrees.
Cook until golden brown. Remove, drain, and serve while hot!
Eat Crab Meat Rangoons With This!
Crab Meat Rangoons are the perfect side for this delicious Asian Pasta Salad. It’s easy to make and, when paired with Crab Meat Rangoons, makes a great meal!
It’s not quite a classic Chinese meal without a great bowl of egg drop soup! This recipe will allow you to make one at home that rivals any at a restaurant.
Why Fundraise with Rada Cutlery?
Rada Cutlery is the partner of choice for tens of thousands of groups every year. Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery offers the best fundraiser you can find:
1. Enormous 40% Profit on All Sales – Rada offers a substantial 40% profit on every sale you make. With Rada, not only does every little bit of effort not only counts, but it counts for a lot!
2. Awesome Kitchen Products – Rada Cutlery offers amazing pieces of cutlery. But that’s not all! We also offer kitchen utensils, recipe books, baking pans. Then there are delicious Quick Mixes and gift sets that are perfect for all occasions!
See all of the fundraising products your team will be selling in the fundraising catalog (pictured below).
3. The Best Customer Service – Rada’s customer service representatives are the best around! You’ll find them to be friendly, knowledgeable, and happy to help you every step of the way.
4. Three Profitable Ways to Sell – When partnering with Rada, you’ll find a variety of options designed to maximize your profits by utilizing the strengths of each group member. There’s the conventional catalog sales method, where group members get Rada fundraiser catalogs and take orders from friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors. The group can also fundraise through events, offering Rada items for sale on the spot, allowing supporters to view and observe Rada’s high quality for themselves. Then there’s our online fundraising option, which allows you to easily reach out to those both close and faraway so supporters can simply order our products online, with you profits going to your group!
5. American-Made Products – Every item offered by Rada Cutlery is 100% made in the USA. Your supporters will love the chance to buy and use American-made products!
Crab Meat Rangoons Video Recipe
Pin the Crab Rangoon Collage!
Start Crab Meat Rangoons Video Transcript
Hi, Kristy in the Rada Kitchen, today I’m making a recipe out of our 101 Recipes with Cream Cheese cookbook, this has 101 recipes that use cream cheese. Today I’m making Crab Meat Rangoons, just as good as those Chinese restaurant ones, and they’re fun to make! So let’s get started.
So here I have an 8 ounce package of imitation crab meat. You can use real crab meat. You’ll want to chop this really fine. Now to chop up this crab meat I’m using the chef’s dicer, the Rada Cutlery Chef, super sharp blade, has that squared blade, so if you have really thick fruits and vegetables it will easily slice with that. You can filet with it. I’m using it today to chop up this crab meat. It also works good to cut the joints of chicken wings.
Once you have your crab finely chopped you’re going to add it to a bowl with 8 ounces of cream cheese, and you’ll want to soften that cream cheese. And to that we’re going to add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. And we’re just going to stir that all together. Once you have your cream cheese, crab meat and lemon juice mixed, if you want you can add some pepper, then you’ll need these wonton wraps, little sheets you find in the refrigerated part of the grocery store, and I think they’re like 4 x 4. You’ll take a tablespoon of the filling, and with an egg white, you’ll go around two sides, it’ll act like a glue, then you just fold it over and press it down. If you get too much filling you won’t be able to wrap it over, so be careful. You can use a pastry brush or your finger for the egg white around the edge. Fold it over and seal.
So now in my frying pan, actually a fondue pot, I like anything where you can control the temperature, I have this set at 350, 325. You can tell it’s hot, because it’s bubbling. Now I’m just going to gently add our prepared rangoons. Just be careful you don’t touch the hot oil. You can see the little bubbles on top of the wontons as it cooks. You turn them over and see they’re getting a little golden, so just flip them over to get the other side brown.
Now you can see they’re nice and golden brown, they’re extra crispy, you want to drain them but they’re best if you serve them hot. They’d be good with sweet and source sauce or teriyaki sauce, and those are Crab Meat Rangoons.
End of Video Transcript