Chicken fried steak is a beloved diner classic that’s easy to make in your own home!
Most people think of breakfast when it comes to chicken fried steak, but also makes a fantastic dinner. This recipe also tells you how to make a hearty, warm gravy that really makes the steak into something special. Serve it in the morning with eggs and hash browns, or later in the day with green beans and mashed potatoes, or whatever you and your family prefer.
Follow the video or pictured instructions below to make the perfect chicken fried steak meal.
Chicken Fried Steak Recipe Video
- 4 cubes steak, tenderized and pounded out
- 1 C., plus 1/4 C. flour (separate portions)
- Seasoning salt (try Rada Burger & Fry Seasoning)
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1 t. thyme
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 C. milk
- 3 T. butter
- 1 T. chicken base
Season steaks liberally.
Dip steaks into 1 cup flour, coating them.
Dip steaks in a bowl with 3 whipped eggs.
Cook steaks in a skillet on medium or medium-high until each side is golden brown.
Remove steaks. Melt butter in same pan after draining excess oil.
Add 1/4 cup flour and whisk.
Whisk in milk.
Add chicken base, liberal amount of black pepper, garlic powder, and thyme. Whisk.
Pour gravy over steaks. Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Fried Steak
- 4 cube steaks, tenderized and pounded out
- 1 1/4 C. flour (divided)
- 1 Tblsp. Seasoning salt try Rada Burger & Fry Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 C. milk
- 3 T. butter
- 1 T. chicken base
- Season steaks liberally.
- Dip steaks into 1 cup flour, coating them.
- Dip steaks in a bowl with 3 whipped eggs.
- Cook steaks in a skillet on medium or medium-high until each side is golden brown.
- Remove steaks. Melt butter in same pan after draining excess oil.
- Add 1/4 cup flour and whisk.
- Whisk in milk.
- Add chicken base, liberal amount of black pepper, garlic powder, and thyme. Whisk.
- Pour gravy over steaks. Serve and enjoy!
The Best Whisk for Your Kitchen!
The Rada Handi-Stir is the absolute best wire whisk! This innovative utensil has a singular design that reaches corners and bottoms of pans for maximum mixing contact. Use it to mix eggs, batters, gravies, sauces, and so much more. Like all Rada products, the Handi-Stir is American-made, and it comes with a Lifetime Guarantee!
Visit the online Rada Kitchen Store to make the Handi-Stir a part of your home!
The Best Fork for Shredding Chicken!
The Rada Granny Fork is wonderful utensil you’ll never run out of uses for! Made from surgical-quality stainless steel, the Granny Fork features small, sharp tines that easily pierce and pick up all sorts of foods. Use it to poke holes in a potato, place pickles on a hamburger, to spear olives in the jar, and much more. Like all Rada Cutlery products, the Rada Granny Fork is made in the USA. It also comes with a Lifetime Guarantee, so when you get one, it’s for life!
Visit the online Rada Kitchen Store to have the Granny Fork delivered to your home, and be sure to check out other unbeatable Rada products while you’re there!
The Best Way to Fundraise
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for countless nonprofit and charitable groups since 1948. By partnering with Rada Cutlery, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that will put it on the road to success. Churches, schools, civic organizations, charities, youth groups, sports teams, and so many more nonprofits meet and exceed their financial goals with Rada!
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is your the best choice for all kinds of nonprofit fundraising:
1. Products People Actually Want – Rada Cutlery offers 26 pieces of cutlery, 21 kitchen utensils, 42 cookbooks, and six stoneware baking pans. 28 gift sets are perfect for any occasion, while 43 scrumptious Quick Mixes make incredible dishes with ease. All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets are backed by a Lifetime Guarantee!
2. Huge Profits on All Sales – Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an incredible 40% average profit on items sold! This unusually high profit percentage ensures that nonprofit groups partnered with Rada do better than they ever have before.
3. Incredible Customer Service – Fundraisers are known to rave about the unbeatable quality of Rada’s customer service. Rada is a company built on fundraising, and it shows in every way. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a success!
4. Three Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers not one, not two, but three sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profit! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true method that allows your group to offer catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Online sales utilize the power of the Internet to allow fundraisers to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause, utilizing whatever takes best advantage of your group’s strengths.
5. American-Made Kitchen Products – Every Rada product, without exception, is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unparalleled skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Check out Rada’s new fundraising catalog!
Check out the Rada Cutlery EASY Guide to learn more about why a Rada fundraiser is what’s best for your group!
Products Made in the USA!
Everything Rada Cutlery offers, from knives to utensils to stoneware pans, is 100% made in the USA! Rada’s products are made by American workers who settle for nothing less than perfection. When you offer Rada for your fundraiser, you’re not only helping people acquire a fantastic product, you’re supporting American industry!
Watch this video to learn more about what makes Rada’s American-made products so remarkable!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Rada is on social media! Visit our various pages to get the latest recipes, Rada products, and more.
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Country Fried Steak Video Transcript
Start Video Transcript
Hi there, Jess in the Rada Kitchen, thanks for joining me. Today we are going to whip up a versatile dish that you can make for breakfast or for dinner. This is the classic chicken fried steak, and we are going to top it with that delicious gravy and we’re going to start by seasoning up our meat.
So here we have a couple pounds of cube steak. This has already been tenderized, it’s thinned out. We’re going to season this. I’ve got our Rada Burger & Fry Seasoning. And then I’m going to add some paprika and a little bit of thyme leaf. Flip it over and do it again. We’re going to start cracking our eggs for our egg wash. And I have four here.
So we’re grab out meat here and we’re going to start by drudging it in our flour. This is going to help the egg adhere. And then it’s going to be super crispy once we fry it up in the pan. A good coat, shake it off. Into our egg mixture. And then back in our flour. So I have some oil in my pan and I have this warming up over medium-low heat. I’m going to go ahead and drop this in. And you can do one or two at a time. You can even get a couple pans going at once if you want to. It’s going to fry for about eight to ten minutes total, and we’ll flip it when it’s halfway done.
Things are getting nice and crispy and we see that nice, brown coating. We’re going to go ahead and make our white, creamy gravy. I’m going to melt three tablespoons of butter in our pan. I’ve drained the excess oil, but I’ve left some of those good, brown bits because they will flavor up our sauce. To our melted butter I’m adding equal parts flour and then you’ll just give that a really good whisk, let that flour taste cook off. This is our rue. It’s the start to every great white sauce, and our gravy.
And then we’re going to add a total of about two and a half cups of milk that we’re going to whisk in. To our gravy I’m going to add a little bit of chicken base, quite a bit of black pepper because we want it to have a little bit of a kick to it. A little bit of garlic powder. And some thyme leaf. Give it a good whisk. You can see all our lumps came out now, it’s nice and creamy.
We have our crispy chicken friend steak, and we’re just going to coat this with gravy.
So this dish is not quite for the faint of heart, but look how pretty it is! You can serve it up for breakfast with some fried eggs or put it on same mashed potatoes for supper. Thanks so much for joining me. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and visit RadaCutlery.com for more great recipes just like this one.
End Video Transcript