Make these cherry pinwheel cookies for a fun treat the whole family will love! These cookies feature a delicious cherry flavor in a swirly cookie that’s as eye-catching as it is tasty.
Cherry Pinwheel Sugar Cookies Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 C. maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 C. butter, softened
- 1 C. granulated sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
Combine butter and sugar. Mix in vanilla and egg.
Add flour and incorporate.
Divide the dough in half.
Cover a cutting board with plastic wrap and use another piece of plastic wrap to press out the dough into an 8″ square.
Spread 1/2 cup chopped cherries over each dough square.
Use the wrap to roll up the dough.
Pinch the dough’s edges to seal.
Wrap tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours or until dough has set.
When dough has set, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut 1/4″ slices out of the dough. Set slices on baking sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Allow 2 minutes to cool on baking sheet before moving cookies to wire rack.
Serve and enjoy!
The Best Way to Cut Dough!
The Rada Plain Food Chopper is the best way to chop countless foods for your favorite recipes! This stainless steel chopper features a simple, efficient design that’s easy to use. It’s perfect for cutting dough, chopping fruits, vegetables, meats, and more. The Plain Food Chopper comes with a Lifetime Guarantee, and, like all Rada products, is made in the USA!
The Rada Kitchen Store has the Plain Food Chopper ready for delivery to your home!
Fundraise with Rada Cutlery!
Since 1948, Rada Cutlery has made American’s favorite cutlery and kitchen products and offered them to consumers at a great value. These products can be utilized by your nonprofit group to raise money for good causes. Every year, tens of thousands of nonprofits partner with Rada Cutlery to host fundraisers. Here are five reasons why Rada has become the fundraiser of choice for groups across America:
1. Make Huge Profits with Each Sale – Many fundraisers offer paltry profit margins such as 10% or 15%. When your group fundraises with Rada, each item sold makes a robust 40% profit. This means your group’s efforts go further than ever before!
2. Unbeatable Kitchen Products – Rada fundraisers stand apart from the rest by virtue of their stellar products. Groups get to offer their supporters top-notch Rada kitchen products, items people actually need and want. With a selection that includes dozens of knives and utensils, stoneware pans, recipe books, and dry food mixes, there’s certain to be something for everyone and a lot for most!
3. Second-to-None Customer Service – Rada is a company built on fundraising, and the customer service reflects that. Rada’s friendly customer service staff is dedicated to helping your fundraiser be an outstanding success. Reach them by phone, email, online chat, fax, or mail.
4. Three Great Sales Methods – No one group is the same, and Rada fundraisers offer three distinct sales methods to reflect that. The most common method is catalog sales, where your group members offer supporters catalogs from which to browse and order. Then there’s event sales, where your group sets up a station at an event or gathering and sells the items directly to supporters. Last but not least is Rada’s cutting-edge online fundraising, where your group can easily offer Rada products to supporters all over the country.
5. American-Made Products – All Rada Cutlery products completely American-made, from materials to manufacture. People love buying such products for their high quality and support of American industry.
These groups offer Rada Cutlery to their supporters, with each sale earning the organization an astounding 40% profit! Every day, thousands of churches, schools, civic organizations, clubs, sports teams, and more get where they want to be by hosting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser.
Online Fundraising Tips for Nonprofits!
Our new 17 Social Media Strategies for Church Fundraising Guide is bursting with useful tips that will take your fundraiser to the next level. Churches, church groups, mission trips, and many more will find plenty to use in this helpful guide. Check it out for yourself and see!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Check us out on your favorite social media platform for the latest recipes, news, products, and more offered by Rada Cutlery!
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Cherry Pinwheel Cookies Video Recipe
Start Video Transcript
Hi, it’s Kristi in the Rada Cutlery kitchen, and today I want to show you how to make delectable cherry pinwheel cookies.
Combine 1 cup butter and 1 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl. Mix in 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 egg until combined. Stir in 2 ½ cups flour until incorporated. Divide the dough in half. Cover a cutting board with plastic wrap and use another piece of wrap to press out half the dough into an 8 inch square.
Spread half a cup of chopped cherries over the dough to within a half inch of the edges. Use the wrap to roll up the dough. Pinch the edges of the dough to seal. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until the dough is firm. When the dough has set, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Cut ¼” slices from the roll and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack. And there you have delicious cherry pinwheel cookies! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and visit our website at RadaCutlery.com.
End of Video Transcript