Pound cakes are great for a nice dessert in the afternoon or as a snack at a gathering with friends. If you make it from scratch, though, it can take a long time to whip up.
An Easy & Tasty Fix
Here is a step-by-step instruction guide to how pound cake mixes work.
1. Pour in your pound cake mix and add in the butter, eggs, and water also needed to complete this recipe. The package will give you exact measurements for this step.
2. Mix it all up!
3. Pour your mixture into a loaf pan. Pictured here is Rada’s Stoneware Loaf Pan. Then bake according to the package’s instructions.
4. Cut using Rada 6″ Bread Knife or 10″ Bread Knife. The small serrations cut breads and pound cakes with minimal crumbling.
5. Eat & Enjoy! Check out Kristi’s video below for further instructions.
Recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Dessert Fondue
What you will need:
1 pkg. pound cake mix
1 container of chocolate frosting
1/3 C. seedless raspberry preserves
Prepare the pound cake mix per directions on packet. Cut pound cake into 1” squares. Combine the chocolate frosting and raspberry preserves in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high 10-20 seconds. Stir until smooth and place in serving bowl. Dip 1” squares of pound cake into sauce, then roll in chopped nuts, sprinkles or powdered sugar and eat!
You’ll Love Rada Quick Mixes
To order your own Rada Quick Mixes, check out the Rada Kitchen Store. We offer soups, dips, cheeseballs, sauces, and no-bake cheesecakes!
Find out more about the other Rada Cutlery products offers on the official Rada Cutlery website.
Pound Cakes as a Fundraising Product?
Yes, all Rada Cutlery products, including the Pound Cake Quick Mixes, are available for non-profit group fundraisers. Follow the links below to learn more:
1. Fundraising introductory videos
2. Three options to fundraise (catalog fundraising, event fundraising and internet fundraising)
4. The Rada fundraising catalog has all you need to know about Rada products and fundraisers!
5. Check out the Rada Cutlery EASY guide to learn more about why a Rada fundraiser is what’s best for your group!
Watch the Video
In the following video, Kristy Kay shows how Rada’s Quick Mixes for Pound Cakes work and how easy they are to make.
Pin it to Pinterest!
Pound Cake Video Transcript:
Hi, Kristy at the Rada kitchen and I would like to introduce you to our three pound cake’s that we offer and I would also like to show you how easy it is to mix it up. It uses ingredients that everybody has, so if you have an unexpected guest you can whip it up real fast.
The three we have are the traditional butter cake, pound cake, it has a rich buttery taste. And then we have the toasted coconut pound cake. That is a great breakfast pound cake and it has the aroma of toasted coconut. It fills your whole kitchen.
And then the tangy lemon pound cake, and this is the one I’ll be mixing up today. All it takes are a stick of melted butter or a half cup, a fourth (1/4) cup water, and two eggs. To the one packet of the Rada quick mix pound cake, and then you add the melted butter. The fourth cup water, and two eggs.
I’m going to use the Rada server spoon. It looks like a spatula but you could use it to stir. You could use it to whip stuff. You just gently mix this in until the eggs are blended in. And then I’m going to pour this in to the Rada stoneware loaf pan.
You don’t have to grease these pans and I like these pans because they keep the pound cake warm longer. And then I’m going to evenly spread that around. We’ll bake that for about 55 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven and you’ll want to let it cool before you slice it.
The lemon pound cake is done baking and it’s cooled, and it’s ready to slice. So to cut this lemon pound cake I’m going to use the six-inch serrated bread knife. You could also use the ten-inch bread knife.
Now this has a yummy, crusty outside but a tender, flaky inside. And the teeth saw through it, it’s like a sawing action and so the knife does all the work for you. And I’m going to use the Rada party spreader to put some butter on it. Mmm! It’s lemony, it’s flaky, and it’s delicious.
End Pound Cake Video Transcript.