Make this incredible baked macaroni and cheese recipe for a dish the whole family will love!
This isn’t one of your ordinary macaroni and cheese recipes; this phenomenal recipe features classic macaroni, mouth-watering smoked Gouda cheese, and delectable bacon bits. Macaroni and cheese out of the box can taste OK in a pinch, but even the best boxed variety will never hold a candle to a homemade batch.
In this case, you’ll be loading your mac and cheese with the good stuff. Think butter, whole milk, oodles of shredded Gouda and cheddar cheese, and Cajun seasoning. It’s incredible well before the bacon, which takes it to another level altogether! You’ll even add a bottle of your favorite dark beer for some extra special smokiness (don’t worry, the alcohol cooks out!). The recipe takes less than an hour from preparation to cooling, and is so easy to do you won’t break a sweat preparing it.
There’s a lot you can do with the baked mac and cheese to make it your own. Use a few heaping spoonfuls as a delightful side to a juicy steak, or place it in a large bowl for a wonderfully rich, creamy, filling meal. And, of course, you can always tinker with the recipe to suit your family’s tastes, such as by adding some hot sauce for heat or throwing in some extra bacon for those who can never get enough tasty goodness.
Watch the video or read the instructions below to see how to prepare this creamy baked mac and cheese recipe!
Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 oz. smoked Gouda, shredded
- 8 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
- Pasta, your favorite
- 1 bottle dark beer of choice
- Cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb. cooked and crumbled bacon
- Chives, chopped for garnish
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Chop 1 small onion and 3 garlic cloves. Cook in a saucepan with 1/2 stick butter until translucent.
Add your pasta to boiling water. Cook noodles to less than al dente because they’re going to finish in the oven. Remove noodles from heat and drain.
Add 1/4 cup flour to the garlic and onions. Stir to make a rue and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Afterwards, add 2 cups whole milk and 1 bottle dark beer. Let it come to a simmer.
Add paprika and Cajun seasoning. Add approximately 8 oz. shredded smoked Gouda and 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar, saving a small amount of each for later.
Add pasta to a greased 9″ by 13″ pan.
Top with sauce and remaining cheese.
Add 1/2 lb. crumbled bacon. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve and enjoy the best baked mac and cheese you’ll ever have. Let us know how it turned out for you in the comments section on this page!
The Perfect Knife for Any Chef!
The Rada French Chef Knife is the best knife for preparing countless recipes! This large stainless steel knife features a lengthy blade that easily cuts bigger foods such as many fruits and vegetables. Use this once and you’ll find yourself reaching for it again and again! Like all Rada products, it’s made in the USA, and like all Rada knives and utensils, it comes with a Lifetime Guarantee!
The Best Stone Baking Pan!
The Rada Rectangular Baker is an amazing stoneware pan that belongs in every cook’s kitchen! Featuring a proprietary clay construction, this lead-free pan absorbs heat for an even baking temperature. Whether you’re cooking the smoked mac and cheese with bacon dish from above, a delicious casserole, or a heavenly dessert, this pan is just what the chef ordered. It’s also dishwasher safe, and is proudly made in the USA!
Fundraise with Rada Cutlery!
For 70 years, Rada Cutlery has been the premier American manufacturer of superior cutlery and kitchen products. From paring knives to pizza cutters, Rada products are used daily in tens of millions of kitchens in America and beyond. Many of those millions came across Rada products through the company’s renowned fundraising program.
By fundraising with Rada, groups can offer supporters a wide variety of superlative kitchen products at an unbeatable value. Nonprofits as diverse such as churches, schools, civic organizations, youth groups, and sports teams meet and exceed their financial goals with Rada fundraisers.
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. The Industry’s Best Customer Service – Rada is a company built on fundraising, and its customer service reflects that. Rada customer service representatives are the best in the fundraising industry, and are accessible through phone, fax, email, and instant online chat. Rada’s representatives are committed to ensuring that each and every one of its fundraisers is a success!
2. Great Products People Actually Want – Rada products are beloved by home cooks for their incredible craftsmanship and and durability. Rada’s knives and kitchen utensils are all backed by an ironclad Lifetime Guarantee, ensuring consistent quality for as long as they’re used. People enjoy these products so much that they often request that more fundraisers be held just so they can purchase more!
3. Enormous Profits on Sales – Whereas most fundraising programs offer small profits, Rada fundraisers guarantee an astounding 40% profit on each sale. This unusually high profit percentage ensures that nonprofit groups partnered with Rada do better than ever before.
4. Three Ways to Sell – Every nonprofit group has a unique circumstance, and Rada is there to meet its requirements with three different sales methods. There’s traditional catalog sales, which see group members offering Rada’s appealing catalog to potential supporters. Groups can also host event sales, which see team members offering Rada for sale at events such as sports games and church services. And then there’s Rada’s cutting-edge online sales, which allows your group to reach out and offer Rada products to supporters across the world. Use one, two, or all three sales methods to maximize your group’s profit.
5. USA-Made Cutlery – Every Rada product is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unmatched skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Start a Rada Fundraiser Today
Starting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser is easy:
- Request your free information packet. This will go into further detail and provide all the information you need.
- Order your fundraising materials. Depending on what kind of sales methods you are using, this could mean you are shipped catalogs, products, or both.
- Start your fundraiser. Let everyone know you’re fundraising with Rada Cutlery. Many know the Rada name and will jump at the chance to support your efforts.
- Submit your total order. Tally everything up and send it in. For sales over $1000, we have a convenient simple sorted order system to make the process a snap.
- Receive and distribute products. They’ll ship within two days, and then you can give your supporters what they ordered.
Macaroni and Cheese Video Recipe
Start Video Transcript
Hi there, Jess in the Rada Kitchen, thanks so much for joining me! Today we are going to whip up one of my most requested side dishes, homemade baked mac and cheese, that I make for holidays and family get-togethers. This is my smoked Gouda mac n’ cheese, and we’re pulling out all the stops by adding beer and bacon to this. Let’s go ahead and get started!
First we’ll prep flavor components for our sauce. On our stove, we have some salted water in a big stockpot that’s just coming up to a boil. While that’s happening, I’m going to prep our onion and garlic. I have kept this in the fridge so it doesn’t make my eyes water. We’ll get rid of the skin, and with my Rada French Chef knife we’ll cut down the middle, keeping that root intact.
Now for our garlic. Smash them. Get rid of the peel, then chop. I started off making this recipe for my kids, but it turns out this is also an adult favorite! Here in my saucepan, I’ve melted half a stick of butter. Then we’re going to add our onion and garlic and sear until they’re translucent.
So here I have my water boiling and it’s ready for our pasta. We’re going to cook these at less than al dente because we’re going to finish them off in our oven and we don’t want them to become mushy. So I’ve taken the noodles out of the hot water and strained them off. Now I’m going to add to our onions and garlic some flour. We’re going to make a really simple rue. Stir with my Rada Non-Scratch Spoon. We’ll cook for 2 or 3 minutes.
We’re going to make a sauce with whole milk and beer. I’m going to whisk this in with my Rada Handi-Stir. We’re going to make sure we don’t have any lumps in our sauce. To this I’m going to add an amber beer. Use any beer that you like! Let this come up to a simmer and we’re going to add our cheese.
We’ll season our sauce with some paprika and some Rada Burger & Fry Seasoning. I’m using smoked Gouda and sharp cheddar, both grated. I’m throwing both in there. I’ll reserve a bit for the top of our mac and cheese for when it bakes.
Let’s prep for the oven. I’ve greased my Rada Rectangular Baker with some olive oil. I’m going to put down our pasta and then top it with our cheese sauce. Get it all in there. Let’s mix it up. Then we are going to top this with our cheese and crumbled bacon. We are going to top this off with the rest of our Gouda and cheddar cheese. Use any combination of cheese that you like, this is just the one I prefer.
Now I’m going to crumble a half pound of bacon that I cooked earlier. Get nice, big chunks. Into my preheated 325 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.
So here we have our delicious smoked mac and cheese. Thanks so much for watching! Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for more great recipes just like this one!
End of Video Transcript