”If you use the knowledge and tools we talked about in this guide, you’re guaranteed
to have a more successful fundraiser than if you were to jump in unprepared.”
Final Words of Wisdom
You’ve finally made it. We know it’s been a long haul, but we hope you learned a lot, picked up some tools for the road ahead, and had a little fun with us along the way.
If you use the knowledge and tools we talked about in this guide, you’re guaranteed to have a more successful fundraiser than if you were to jump in unprepared. So give yourself a pat on the back. You’ve taken the first step to having an awesome fundraiser. You’ve done good.
While we’re sad to see you go, we’re excited for you to get started. Just in case you forget anything along the way, we left you some notes to look back on when you need to brush up on your Ultimate Guide to Fundraising skills. So don’t worry about remembering everything, or being a Master Fundraising Guru just yet. That will all come in good time.
For now, we’ll always be here for you to look back on. We’re always here to help.
The Ultimate Guide to Fundraising (in a nutshell)
- Fundraising is a huge part of our lives, and it’s hard! Rada’s got your back.
- Mobile optimized websites and giving centers are crucial for an online fundraising presence, and crowdfunding is a great way to reach younger generations.
- The seven stages are selection, goal-setting and planning, promotion, execution, ordering, distribution, summary of profits. Don’t try to skip one!
- It’s always good to look at current leaders for this position, but think outside the box. If a group member is good at decision-making, communicating with the whole group and people outside the group, organizing and can keep track of profits, they can do the job.
- You’ve got oodles of options. They break down into these categories: catalog and order form fundraising, direct sales, online, raffles, auctions, percent of sales, chores/services, events, donations/collections and custom products.
- Suppliers, distributors and organizations like AFRDS can help you get your products on time, especially with large fundraisers that require more hands on deck.
- They can also complicate the fundraising supply chain and make products more expensive.
- Some companies, like Rada, still work directly with fundraising groups.
- Most fundraising companies use this system:
Product Price – Wholesale Price = Fundraising Profit
- To determine the percentage your group is getting:
Profit / Product Price = Profit Percentage
- Research how shipping, catalog and sample prices will affect your profit.
- Check out this flow chart to help you determine which fundraising option is best for your group.
- Get rewards for your top sellers and have a celebration for them at the end.
- Show, don’t tell, your supporters how their money will make a difference and create awards for your top supporters. Show ’em some love!
- Focus on your audience, keep your message consistent and build community throughout the fundraising process.
- Make a promotion timeline and goals – Plan to implement your promotion methods two to three weeks before a traditional sales fundraiser and four to five weeks before an event fundraiser.
- Pick a few of these methods of promotion (but don’t try to do them all!) – Press releases, advertising, posters/flyers, social media, email promotion, direct mail pieces, city newsletter articles, promotion on own website, mini-events, flash mobs, announce fundraiser at local events.
- Our fundraising program offers catalog sales, event sales and Internet sales of cutlery, utensils, gift sets, stoneware, cookbooks and Quick Mixes (dips, sauces, pound cakes, soups).
- Benefits of selling our products: 40 percent profit, customer service, fast delivery, USA-made, environmentally conscious, high quality, useful products.
- You can request your catalog by calling 1-800-311-9691 or visiting www.radacutlery.com/ssl/request-catalog. Learn more at www.radacutlery.com/fundraising.
Thank you for reading The Ultimate Guide to Fundraising. It’s been a pleasure sharing our knowledge and our story with you.