This holiday season, if you are looking for a simple and delicious Christmas appetizer recipe, you may want to consider making tortilla wraps. Our tortilla wrap recipe is easy to make and can be as festive as you want to make it.
When we made our wrap appetizer we used green tortilla shells to add a touch of holiday color and arranged the slices on the presentation plate to look like a Christmas tree. You could also buy red tortilla shells to add another splash of holiday color to make this a full-fledged Christmas recipe.
This recipe does require the wraps to chill overnight so you will have to plan accordingly.
What you will need to make a tortilla wrap:
- 2 oz. packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 packet of Rada Chipotle quick mix
- Black olives chopped (to taste). Our Rada Cutlery Regular Paring knife works well for this task (or another Rada knife of your choice).
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 package of large flour tortilla shells. We used spinach flavored ones to add a touch of green but you could also use red or regular tortillas as well.
How to make a tortilla wrap:
1. First mix your cream cheese, packet of Rada Chipotle mix, black olives and shredded cheese together in a bowl.
2. Next spread your cream cheese mixture on the tortilla shell. The Rada Cutlery Super Spreader works well to make sure the spread is evenly distributed on the tortilla.
3. Roll up the tortilla you just spread the mixture. Make sure the tortilla is rolled tightly otherwise it will be difficult to cut.
4. Repeat the second and third step until the cream cheese mixture is gone. The spread has enough to cover about three tortilla shells.
5. Use plastic wrap to cover the tortillas that are rolled up and place in the refrigerator overnight. This allows the mixture to firmly set up.
6. Remove the plastic wrap. Cut the ends off and then slice the tortilla in inch thick slices. We used the Rada Cutlery Cook’s Knife for a clean cut.
7. Arrange on a tray, serve and enjoy.
This recipe is not just a Christmas recipe you can serve it all year round. In fact, this would be a great appetizer for a backyard bbq!
All the utensils and the Quick Mix that were used to make this Christmas appetizer recipe can be found on the Rada Kitchen Store website.
For other holiday tips like how to prepare and decorate your home for this holiday season visit this website.
NOTE: Rada Cutlery is manufactured by Rada Mfg. Co. in Waverly, Iowa and is sold locally by fundraising groups and independent sellers. Thousands of non-profit groups choose to sell Rada Knives each year, including churches, schools, civic, youth and teams. Is a group you belong looking for a great fundraising product? If so, you can call customer service at 800-311-9691 for more information.