Across America, millions of people participate in softball leagues. Whether played as part of a high school or college team, in a local league with colleagues and friends, or just for fun, softball permeates all walks of American life!
What Are the Differences Between Baseball and Softball?
Though the sports are very similar, they are set apart by several key differences. These include:
- In softball, the ball must be pitched underhanded from 46 feet for men and 43 feet for women. In baseball, it is pitched from 60.5 feet.
- Softball games have seven innings, whereas baseball has nine.
- Base paths in softball are smaller than in baseball.
- A softball is much larger than a regulation baseball. A softball measures between 11.88 and 12.13 inches in circumference. A baseball measures between 9.00 and 9.25 inches in circumference.
- Softball can be played either slow-pitch or fastpitch, with either 10 or nine players on the field, respectively.
- Both games feature extra innings in the event of a tie, but only softball places a player at second base for the offensive team.
- Softball was invented in 1887 in Chicago.
- Sometimes called “indoor baseball,” softball was invented as an indoor game.
- The World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC), formed in 2013, regulates rules of play in more than 110 countries.
- Softball is the most popular participant sport in the United States, with an astounding 40 million Americans estimated to play at least one game a year!
The Best Softball Fundraiser!
Rada Cutlery offers a fundraising program for softball teams that can’t be beat. By partnering with Rada, your group can offer our extensive catalog of superior kitchen products to potential supporters.
Why Fundraise with Rada Cutlery?
Rada Cutlery is the partner of choice for tens of thousands of groups every year, including many softball teams. Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery offers the best fundraiser you can find:
1. Incredible 40% Profit on All Sales – Rada offers a substantial 40% profit on every sale you make. Every little bit of effort not only counts, but counts for a lot!
1. Awesome Kitchen Products – Rada Cutlery offers 26 amazing pieces of cutlery. But that’s not all! We also offer 21 kitchen utensils, 42 recipe books, and six stoneware baking pans. Then there are 43 delicious Quick Mixes and 28 gift sets that are perfect for all occasions!
See all of the fundraising products your team will be selling in the fundraising catalog.
3. The Best Customer Service – Rada’s customer service representatives are the best around! You’ll find them to be friendly, knowledgeable, and happy to help you every step of the way.
4. Three Ways to Sell – When partnering with Rada, you’ll find a variety of options designed to maximize your profits by utilizing the strengths of each group member. There’s the conventional catalog sales method, where group members get Rada fundraiser catalogs and take orders from friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors. The group can also fundraise through events, offering Rada items for sale on the spot, allowing supporters to view and observe Rada’s high quality for themselves. Then there’s our online fundraising option, which allows you to easily reach out to those both close and faraway so supporters can simply order our products online, with you profits going to your group!
5. American-Made Products – Every item offered by Rada Cutlery is 100% made in the USA. Your supporters will love the chance to buy and use American-made products!
6. Fundraising Builds Experience – Just as softball is a team effort, so is fundraising! By planning and enacting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser, your team will spend time together, learning how to more closely work as a group towards a common cause. Many people love hosting Rada fundraisers for this very reason!
Learn More About Fundraising!
Rada Mfg. Co. has been helping groups of all kinds fundraise since 1948! What that means for your softball team fundraiser is that you are working directly with a manufacturer that has built our entire company around helping groups raise money. You will see that our system is easy and our service is top notch (99% of all orders ship in 2 working days)! You can learn about Rada’s fundraising program by going to Rada Cultery web site or by reading our Fundraising Leader’s Guide.
The Best Fundraising Products!
When you fund raise with Rada Cutlery, you do so with a company whose products are second-to-none. Below are some of the popular kitchen products your supporters will be purchasing from your softball team fundraiser.
No Rada Cutlery item is as celebrated as the fantastic Tomato Slicer. Its dual-serrated blade lets you get perfect slices of tomato and other foods with absolutely no squishing!
Vegetables are a snap to peel with this phenomenal Vegetable Peeler! Designed for right and left-handed users, the steel blade and innovative design make peeling easy.
The best-selling Regular Paring knife is ideal for any cook! The hand-sharpened blade makes it useful for use with nearly any recipe you can think of.
The Handi-Stir is a stainless steel hand mixer that’s the best you can find anywhere! Its unique design makes it great for mixing batters, eggs, sauces, and much more.
This fabulous 9″ x 13″ stoneware pan ensures you get the perfect cook every time! Made from a lead-free, proprietary clay mixture, it absorbs heat for an even baking temperature, resulting in even more delicious food.