A Fast Delight
Looking for a quick meal for your family? Everyone loves an easy meal fix, and this Skillet Lasagna takes no time at all!
You can find a video below detailing this recipe step by step, but for now, here is a simple how-to.
How to Make Skillet Lasanga
Here is what you will need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 3 c. uncooked mini lasanga noodles
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 (30 oz.) jar spaghetti or marinara sauce
- 1 (4 1/2 oz.) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat, cook ground beef, chopped onions and chopped bell peppers, stirring occasionally.
2. Cook until beef is browned, about 6 minutes, and drain skillet of fat. (Shown in the picture is the Rada Food Chopper which works great to mix and crumble the ground beef while cooking.)
3. Stir in mini lasanga noodles, 2 1/2 cups of water, Italian seasoning, spaghetti sauce and sliced mushrooms.
4. Heat until mixture is boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-12 minutes, until pasta is tender. Serve hot.
About the Quickies in the Kitchen Cookbook
This recipe comes from “Quickies in the Kitchen: 30 Minute Meals, Because There are Better Things to Do with Your Time” cook book. Find all kinds of quick and easy recipes in these pages like Banana Boats, Salmon with Sugared Bourbon Glaze, Hawaii Chicken Salad, Ham ‘n Corn Chowder, Cheeseburger Rice, and much more.
You can buy “Quickies in the Kitchen” at the Rada Kitchen Store.
Rada Cutlery products are sold by Fundraising Groups. In addition to cookbooks, fundraisers offer their supporters Rada Knives and Utensils, Rada Stoneware and Rada Quick Mixes. Follow this link to see all of the Rada Cookbooks and then click other menu items to view the other fundraising products. Should your non-profit group be interested in learning more about Rada Cutlery fundraising, you will find information, videos, catalogs etc on the Rada web site at: http://www.radacutlery.com/fundraising.
Easy Instructions Video for Skillet Lasagna Recipe
Watch Kristi Kay’s video on how to make Skillet Lasagna.
Hi, Kristy in the Rada Kitchen and introducing you to our cookbook titled “Quickies in the Kitchen.” This has over 100 quick fix recipes that you make in 30 minutes or less, anywhere from veggies and sides to main dishes to desserts. Today I’m making skillet lasanga.
You’ll need a large skillet or dutch oven, a pound of ground beef, a food chopper, a medium onion, a medium green pepper, a 4.5 oz. can of drained and sliced mushrooms, four cups of uncooked mini lasanga noodles, a 30 oz. jar of spaghetti marinara sauce, and a half teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
To chop my peppers and onions, I used the Rada Food Chopper. I wanted to show you how easy it is to use. It’s easy to slice nuts and make potato salad. Here’s the green pepper. You can do your peppers and onions all at one time.
I’m also going to use this when I fry up the ground beef, so this is a safe, fast way to chop any kind of food.
Now we’ll go to the stove and cook up our ground beef, peppers and onions on medium high heat. Break up the meat in the pan and mix the veggies in with the Food Chopper. It will probably take about 6 minutes to cook the beef till it’s all brown.
Now I’ve browned my hamburger and drained the grease, so I’m going to add three cups of the mini lasanga noodles and 2.5 cups of water, and a half teaspoon of Italian seasoning then the jar of marinara sauce and can of sliced mushrooms. Mix this all together. Heat it until it starts to boil. Then simmer for 10-12 minutes.
It’s ready to serve. Skillet Lasanga out of our “Quickies in the Kitchen: 3o Minute Meals.”
End of Transcript.