Try this fun winter treat for the holidays: playful polar penguin pals. Kids are sure to love these delicious little guys. They are as fun to make as they are to eat!
This recipe comes from Too Cute to Eat. Check it out at the Rada Kitchen Store.
What you will need:
- 10 Double Stuff Oreo cookies
*if you would like to add wings you will need several extra cookies.
- 2 cubes white almond bark
- 2 small zippered plastic bags
- 20 small round chocolate candy sprinkles or mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of orange ready to use frosting
How to make Playful Polar Penguin Pals:
- Remove any crumbs from cookies. Set cookies on edge to determine which side should be the bottom of each penguin if you want to display them standing upright.
- Lay cookies flat on waxed paper.
*If you plan to add wings: separate several additional cookies and remove filling; using a sharp Regular Paring knife, cut narrow slices from edges. Cut each slice in half to make two small wing shapes.
- Melt almond bark according to package directions; let cool about 1 minute. Transfer melted bark to plastic bag and cut tiny corner from bag.
- Pipe a small bead of bark onto cookie to outline white area; fill in with more bark onto cookie to outline white area; fill in with more bark and tap cookie gently on counter to smooth.
- Attach two candy sprinkles on wet bark to eyes. Attach wide of wings to wet bark. Set aside to dry.
- In a small bowl, tint frosting with food coloring until desired shade is reached. Transfer frosting to a separate plastic bag and cut a tiny corner from bag.
- On each penguin pipe a small triangular nose and two feet. When dry, stand penguins up on edge, if desired.
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s not limited just to Christmas; it would also make a fun New Year’s Eve treat for the kids or any other time throughout the winter. If you think these cookies are indeed too cute to eat, they can be used as decorations—just like a gingerbread house!
NOTE: Rada Cutlery is manufactured by Rada Mfg. Co. in Waverly, Iowa and is sold locally by fundraising groups and independent sellers. Thousands of non-profit groups choose to sell Rada Knives each year, including churches, schools, civic, youth and teams. Is a group you belong looking for a great fundraising product? If so, you can call customer service at 1-800-311-9691 for more information.