Looking for a Halloween dessert recipe that would be fun to make with your kids? Try making Mummified Ginger Cookies. These cookies are fun for the kids to help make and a fun Halloween treat for your next party. The Mummified Ginger Cookie recipe can be found in our “Too Cute To Eat” cookbook.
How to Make Mummy Gingerbread Cookies
You just need a few simple ingredients to get started. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Gingerbread cookies shaped like people
- 1 pound tub of white ready to use frosting
- 1 tube of decorating icing-this is for the eyes so you can pick whatever color you would like
- 1 pastry bag
- Small flat tip for decorating
1. For this recipe you can use your favorite gingerbread recipe for these cookies, a mix or buy premade dough like we did. If you are looking for a gingerbread recipe our “Too Cute To Eat” cookbook has a delicious one in it.
2. Once you have the dough made, use the cookie cutter to cut out your mummies. Follow the baking instruction with your cookie dough. We used the 12 by 15 inch stoneware cookie sheet to bake our cookies. The Rada Cutlery Spatula works great for removing the cookies from cookie sheet without breaking them.
3. Allow the cookies to cool.
4. Now the fun really begins. Use writing icing or decorating icing to make small round eyes on each gingerbread cookie.
5. Transfer about half of the frosting to a pastry bag fitted with a small flat tip. Be sure to use a flat tip because it gives the appearance of bandages.
5. Using the pastry bag pipe the frosting back and forth across and over the sides of cookies to resemble bandages. If you are having a child help you make sure they know not to squeeze the pastry bag too much to avoid a mess. Feel free to experiment with overlapping the frosting for a more realistic effect.
6. Add more frosting to bag as necessary to finish cookies.
7. Allow the frosting to set for a few minutes and then serve and enjoy!
Fundraising Idea – Rada Products!
If you are interested in purchasing the items we used in our Rada Cutlery test kitchen to make Mummified Ginger Cookies, you can visit the My Rada Kitchen Store website here. All of our products are also available through our fundraising catalog. Rada Cutlery has fundraised with over 19,000 different organizations. The different organizations that have chosen to fundraise with Rada Cutlery range from high school organizations to church groups.
Looking for Some More Spooky Snacks?
You can learn how to make some other delicious Halloween treats from Rada. Try these out: