Memorial Potluck Lunch at Rada Mfg. Co.!
Potluck Day is a semi-annual event that all the employees look forward to in the spring and fall! Pictured above is the salad and dessert tables.
The 100 hard working employees at Rada Mfg. Co. always look forward to this event – plus we get a little extra time off work to enjoy all the delicious food. Half of the employees furnish a dish in the spring and the other half bring a dish for the fall potluck. Sounds like a lot of food but most of the time you take home an empty bowl or dish!
Brent, our V.P. of Manufacutring grilled steaks out in the parking lot for Ribeye Sandwiches (and chicken breasts too).
Brent also treats us with his “fresh from the garden” asparagus every year!
Recipe for “Crockpot Asparagus”
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- Fresh Asparagus
- Fill the crockpot as full as you want with fresh asparagus, at least half full, stir in the mushroom soup and cheddar cheese soup. Cover and cook on high 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until asparagus is tender. Serve!
Larry in shipping/packing brought this wonderful Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad. It was as beautiful as it was tasty!
Recipe for Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad
- 2 bags lettuce (pre-chopped lettuce blend with sliced carrots, red cabbage, romaine, radishes, etc.)
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 1 can pineapple chunks, drained well
- 2 C. fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 C. fresh blueberries
- 1/2 C. pecans* (whole)
- 1 bottle creamy poppy seed dressing
- Toss together; add a bottle of creamy opppy seed dressing to taste at time of serving.
*Spread pecans out on cookie sheet in 350 degree oven for 5 to 6 minutes until toasted.
Many, Many Delicious Dishes
There were dozens on delicious side dishes including salads, meats, vegetables and of course, desserts! Thank you to first half of the alphabet employees who brought dishes to share. The second half of the alphabet will return the favor for the Labor Day Potluck!
The Rada Cutlery Mission
Quality and value are the result of our committed workforce in Waverly, Iowa. Our employees strive each day to ensure efficiency and to eliminate waste. This is done at every stage – manufacturing, packaging, order-processing and shipping. The result is that we live our mission of “providing our customers the best value of kitchen knives for their dollar.”
Rada Cutlery is widely recognized - with over 135 million kitchen knives and utensils having been manufactured and sold in in the last 65+ years!
The employee’s of Rada Manufacturing thank you for your continued support!