Cornbread lovers rejoice! This amazing honey jalapeno cornbread recipe tastes incredible and is easy to make. Make a batch of this sweet cornbread recipe to go with your favorite entree for a meal fit for a king!
Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 stick butter
- 2-3 jalapenos
- 1 t. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 t. thyme leaf
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, whisk together 2 cups buttermilk, 1 cup milk, and 4 eggs.
In another bowl, combine 1 cup yellow cornmeal, 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt.
Combine both bowls’ ingredients and add 1/2 cup refined coconut oil to those. Mix.
Add 1/2 cup cane sugar and mix further.
Pour cornbread into a 9″ x 13″ baking pan.
Spread mixture evenly. Bake in oven for 40 minutes.
In a pan, melt 1/2 stick butter.
Slice 2 or 3 jalapenos, or 1 large jalapeno.
Add sliced jalapenos, 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaf.
Add 1/2 cup honey. Stir mixture and allow to come up to a simmer.
Remove cornbread from oven and add glaze. Serve and enjoy!
The Best Plastic Spatula!
The Rada Mixing Spatula is an awesome plastic spatula that you’ll reach for again and again! Featuring a high-quality one-piece nylon construction, these are perfect for stirring, scraping, mixing, and more. Featuring an aesthetically pleasing red color, the Mixing Spatula comes in packages of two, making it ideal for ingredient-heavy recipes. Like all Rada Cutlery products, the Mixing Spatula is made in the USA!
The Best Knife for a Cook!
The Rada Cook’s Utility is a versatile kitchen knife that is great for preparing countless recipes! Constructed from surgical-quality stainless steel, the Cook’s Utility’s is medium-sized, ensuring easy handling while working equally well with various sizes of food. Use it to chop, dice, quarter, score, and slice any food you can think of! The Cook’s Utility is American-made unparalleled quality, and is backed up with a Lifetime Guarantee.
The Ideal Gift!
The Rada Starter Gift Set 2 is a fantastic gift for friends and family! Whether or not the recipient has the first Rada Starter Gift Set, they’ll absolutely love this one, a versatile collection packed with unique knives. It features the unique Cheese Knife, the small Granny Paring, the medium-sized Heavy Duty Paring, the ever-useful Utility/Steak, the popular Cook’s Utility, the classic Stubby Butcher and the handy Serrated Slicer.
Easy Fundraising Done Right!
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for tens of thousands of nonprofit and charitable groups each year since 1948. By partnering with Rada Cutlery, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that all but guarantee success.
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is your the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. Useful Products People Need – Rada Cutlery offers more than 26 superior knives. There are 21 kitchen utensils, 42 cookbooks, six stoneware baking pans, 28 gift sets, and 43 scrumptious Quick Mixes. People actually enjoy and use Rada products, and will practically beg you for more! All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets are supported by a Lifetime Guarantee, and your supporters will be happy to purchase them.
2. Massive Profits on Sales – Most fundraisers offer small profits, but Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an incredible 40% average profit on items sold. Your group’s efforts go much further with Rada!
3. Three Effective Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers three distinct sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profit! Catalog sales is a classic sales method that sees your group offering catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Last but not least, you can offer online sales, which allows you to utilize the power of the Internet to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
4. The Best Customer Service – Fundraisers across the country often rave about quality of Rada’s customer service. Our skilled representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a huge success!
5. American-Made Cutlery – Every Rada product is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unparalleled skill, making products your group can be proud to sell. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Start a Rada Fundraiser Today
Starting a Rada Cutlery fundraiser is easy:
- Request your free information packet. This will go into further detail and provide all the information you need.
- Order your fundraising materials. Depending on what kind of sales methods you are using, this could mean you are shipped catalogs, products, or both.
- Start your fundraiser. Let everyone know you’re fundraising with Rada Cutlery. Many know the Rada name and will jump at the chance to support your efforts.
- Submit your total order. Tally everything up and send it in. For sales over $1000, we have a convenient simple sorted order system to make the process a snap.
- Receive and distribute products. They’ll ship within two days, and then you can give your supporters what they ordered.
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Check us out on your favorite social media platform for the latest recipes, news, products, and more offered by Rada Cutlery!
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Products Made in the USA!
Everything Rada Cutlery offers, from knives to utensils to stoneware, is made in the USA! From our headquarters in Waverly, Iowa, Rada’s products are made by workers committed to producing the best kitchen products you can find. When you buy Rada, you’re not just buying quality, you’re buying American!
Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Video Recipe
Start Video Transcript
Hi, Jess in the Rada kitchen, thanks for joining me! Today we’re going make cornbread with a sweet and spicy glaze. Let’s go ahead and get started!
For our ingredients I’m going to take 2 cups of buttermilk, 1 cup of milk, and 4 eggs and whisk them together. If you don’t have buttermilk, you can substitute it with 1 cup of regular milk and a tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar. I’m going to whisk this up with my Rada Handi-Stir.
Because this is everybody’s favorite, I’m doubling the recipe. In a mixing bowl, I’m going to combine flour, yellow cornmeal, and salt. Give it a quick stir, and then we’re ready for our wet ingredients. I’m ready to combine our ingredients. I’m going to take my baking powder and soda and add it into my dry mix. On top of that, our egg/buttermilk mixture. And then we’re going to take either a cup of melted butter and adding a cup of heated refined coconut oil. Then with my Rada Mixing Spatula I’m going to combine all of those ingredients.
We’re going to add half a cup of cane sugar and mix it all together. Now we’re ready to take our mixture and with my Mixing Spatula I’m going to go ahead and put this down into our Rada Rectangular Baker. Then I’ll smooth that out and it’s ready to go into our oven that has been preheated at 400 degrees. The first ingredient to the glaze is a whole stick of butter. We’ll allow that to melt and then add the other ingredients.
We’re ready to cut a thin slice of jalapeno. Depending on how hot a glaze you want, you can use 1 or 2. I’m using 1 large one. With my Rada Cook’s Utility knife, I’m going to slice this up, using seeds and all. If you’re doubling the recipe, you want to be sure to double the glaze as well. To my melted butter I’m going to put my jalapenos and then it’s equal parts butter to honey. So a generous helping of honey. Empty out the whole thing. To that we’re going to add a little bit of Cajun seasoning and lastly some thyme leaf. Give it a stir with my Rada Non-Scratch Spoon and let that come up to a simmer.
So here we have our cornbread right out of the oven. It’s covered in delicious sweet and spicy jalapeno glaze. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you can get more great recipes just like this one.
End of Video Transcript