Summertime is here and that means nice weather and camping trips. This Potato Wedge recipe is perfect for any camping trip or if you are grilling out. It is an easy and quick grilling recipe that does not take long to make and is found in our Campfire Cooking cookbook.
Potato Wedge Ingredients:
- 2 to 3 large potatoes (depending on how many people you are serving) washed and scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cover the grate of the grill with aluminum foil.
- Preheat grill or place grilling grate over campfire.
- Cut potatoes into 1/3″ to 1/2″ wedges.
- Brush potato slices with olive oil and sprinkle with dried thyme and dried oregano.
- Lay potato wedges over aluminum foil on grill.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill wedges to desired tenderness, turning occasionally
- Serve and enjoy!
For more campfire recipes Rada Cutlery offers two cookbooks, Campfire Cooking and Over A Fire that are full of recipes everyone will enjoy. The Over A Fire cookbook is a new book to our collection and will be released in August. This book is really two books in one. One sections is all recipes that can be “cooked on a stick” over a campfire and the other side of the book is full of recipes that can be cooked in a bag on a campfire or “hobo style.” The book also has fun facts and activities for kids to enjoy.
A nature scavenger hunt is an easy activity to plan for your kids if you are spending an afternoon outdoors. Just compile a list of things found in nature like something green, something shiny, a flower or a four leaf clover and the first one to find them all or the most in an hour wins. If you are looking for more fun kid-friendly activities try to do while camping you can also visit Family Fun for more ideas.
If your kids are involved in a group looking for a fundraiser, please consider fundraising with Rada Cutlery. We have been helping groups raise money since 1948. The groups sell Rada Cutlery products (100% USA Made) and make a 40% profit.
Below you will find a sample list of youth groups that choose to fundraise with Rada Cutlery.
- Cub Scouts, Webelos and Boy Scouts
- 4H Clubs and FFA
- Daisy and Girl Scouts
- Gymanstic Clubs, Tumble and Cheer Clubs
- Daycare, Head Start and Preschool groups
- Swim Teams
- Soccer Teams & Soccer Clubs
- Little Leagues and traveling teams
- Girls Softball and Volleyball
- Elementary Schools and PTO, Middle School and High School too
- Washington DC Class Trips
- Dance Groups
- Wrestling Clubs
- Church Youth Group, Sunday School and Bible School
- After Prom and Project Graduation
- Spanish Trips – French and German too
- Honor Society and Student Council
- Booster Clubs of all types such as Athletic Boosters, Band Boosters, Football Boosters, etc
- BETA Clubs, Junior Achievement
- PeeWee Football, Basketball
- AAU Sports Teams
- Homeschool Groups
- Cheerleaders – Elementary, Middle School and High School
- Marching Band, Choir Trips