Summertime is here! That means lovely weather and rewarding camping trips. This potato wedge recipe is perfect for any camping trip, or for grilling out on a sunny day. It’s an easy and quick grilling recipe that does not take long to make. It can be found below or in our Campfire Cooking cookbook.
Potato Wedge Ingredients:
- 2 to 3 large potatoes (depending on how many people you are serving) washed and scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cover the grate of the grill with aluminum foil.
- Preheat grill or place grilling grate over campfire.
- Cut potatoes into 1/3″ to 1/2″ wedges.
- Brush potato slices with olive oil and sprinkle with dried thyme and dried oregano.
- Lay potato wedges over aluminum foil on grill.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill wedges to desired tenderness, turning occasionally
- Serve and enjoy!
A nature scavenger hunt is an easy activity to plan for your kids if you are spending an afternoon outdoors. Just compile a list of things found in nature like something green, something shiny, a flower or a four leaf clover and the first one to find them all or the most in an hour wins. If you are looking for more fun kid-friendly activities try to do while camping you can also visit Family Fun for more ideas.
If your kids are involved in a group looking for a fundraiser, consider fundraising with Rada Cutlery! We have been helping groups raise money since 1948. The groups sell Rada Cutlery products (100% USA Made) and make a 40% profit.
Below you will find a sample list of youth groups that choose to fundraise with Rada Cutlery.
- Cub Scouts, Webelos and Boy Scouts
- 4H Clubs and FFA
- Daisy and Girl Scouts
- Gymanstic Clubs, Tumble and Cheer Clubs
- Daycare, Head Start and Preschool groups
- Swim Teams
- Soccer Teams & Soccer Clubs
- Little Leagues and traveling teams
- Girls Softball and Volleyball
- Elementary Schools and PTO, Middle School and High School too
- Washington DC Class Trips
- Dance Groups
- Wrestling Clubs
- Church Youth Group, Sunday School and Bible School
- After Prom and Project Graduation
- Spanish Trips – French and German too
- Honor Society and Student Council
- Booster Clubs of all types such as Athletic Boosters, Band Boosters, Football Boosters, etc
- BETA Clubs, Junior Achievement
- PeeWee Football, Basketball
- AAU Sports Teams
- Homeschool Groups
- Cheerleaders – Elementary, Middle School and High School
- Marching Band, Choir Trips
Pin it to Pinterest!