Mother’s Day is about three weeks away, and instead of going out and purchasing a gift for your mom, show how much you love her by making her a gift! Edible fruit bouquets are a homemade Mother’s Day gift idea she will really appreciate.
Fresh fruit bouquets are very simple to make and are a healthy treat that can be enjoyed by many. At Rada Cutlery we offer a Fruit Bouquet Cookbook. This book will show you step-by-step instructions on how to make fruit bouquets.
In the Rada Cutlery Test Kitchen, we made a version of the Basket of Daisies edible fruit bouquet by following these simple steps:
- 2 or 3 pineapples
- 2 bananas
- knife or cookie cutter
- wooden skewers
- A bucket or basket to display it in. (The amount of fruit you use will vary on the size of the bouquet you would like to make.)
How to make a fruit bouquet:
1. Slice your pineapple in about ½ inch slices and remove the peel.
2. Take a knife and cut around the edges to make a flower look or use a flower cookie cutter if you have one.
3. Repeat the first two steps to create the flowers for your fruit bouquet.
4. When you finish creating your pineapple flowers stick the skewers through the core or center of the flowers.
5. Add a grape to the end of the skewer for the center.
6. Place a grapefruit in the bottom of your display container.
7. Stick the grape and pineapple flower on the skewer into the grapefruit.
8. Repeat the steps and until you have the desired amount of flowers in the bouquet. You may need to shorten the sticks as you arrange them.
9. For foliage slice bananas and slide them on the skewers to fill any spaces in your bouquet. (You only need a few slices on the skewer since most of the stick will be hidden.)
If your mother has a sweet tooth, Rada Cutlery also offers a Candy Bouquet Cookbook and a Cookie Bouquet Cookbook. This fall we will also be introducing a new cookbook as part of the gift series called Dessert Bouquets.
This Mother’s Day, remember those who are in need. Women for Women is an international organization that helps provide food, clean water and clothing for mothers and their children in war-torn countries.