Candy hearts, roses and chocolates are beginning to appear in the stores as Valentine’s Day approaches. Instead of buying your loved ones a gift this year, take the time and make them a homemade gift they will truly appreciate by baking them something. If you do not have a Valentine’s Day dessert idea, don’t worry. Try making our Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe. This pie is easy to make and will definitely impress your special someone!
Ingredients for Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe:
- 1 pie shell (9 inch) prebaked
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries (these can either be whole or halved)
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 package of wild strawberry or plain strawberry Jello (3 ounces)
How to make Fresh Strawberry Pie:
- First cook the sugar, cornstarch and water until it is boiling. Then cook and stir the mixture another two minutes. At this point the mixture should look thick and clear.
- Next remove the mixture from the stovetop and stir in Jello until the powder has dissolved.
- Place the strawberries either cut or whole into the pie shell you baked earlier. You can use the Rada Cutlery Pie Plate to bake your pie crust. The Pie Plate will evenly bake your pie crust and leave it crisp.
- Take the mixture you added the Jello to and pour it over the strawberries.
- Next place the pie in the refrigerator for two hours or until firm before serving.
- Finally cut and serve. This pie goes very well with whipped cream. The Rada Cutlery serrated pie server is perfect for serving this pie.
Where can I purchase the items used in this recipe?
The Pie Plate, Serrated Pie and every other product manufactured by Rada Cutlery can be purchase on the Rada Kitchen Store website.
Pie Crust Pointers
When making pie crust, use ice water in the recipe to ensure the fats don’t melt into the dough. This makes a flaky crust.
If you’re making pie crust dough, make sure your work area is as cold as possible. This will make it easier to keep the dough firm and together. Also, handle it as little as possible.
Use just enough water for the dough to come together — too much water will make dough too tough and too little will make it crumbly.
About Rada Cutlery
Rada Cutlery has been manufacturing knives since 1948. Thousands of non-profit groups across the United States fund raise with Rada Cutlery annually. For more information about fundraising opportunities with Rada Cutlery you can visit our website. We also offer reselling opportunities for enterprising individuals. You can learn more about our Independent Sales option here.