This Easter, instead of the usual solid-colored Easter eggs, try something new! In the Rada Cutlery test kitchen, we decorated eggs that have a marble look to them. After some trial and error, we came up with an easy set of instructions that will make this project fun for the whole family. This Easter egg decorating idea is very simple to do and will make a great decoration for your home!
Supplies you will need:
- Hard boiled eggs
- Egg dye or food coloring
- Measuring spoons
- White vinegar
- Cups or bowls
- Cooking oil
- Paper napkins or towels
1. Mix together water, vinegar and egg coloring of your choice
2. Place an egg in the cup of coloring (Tip: the Rada Cutlery Handi-Stir is perfect for dying eggs).
3. Allow to sit in the food coloring until the desired color is reached. A lighter color works best for this step.
4. In a shallower bowl, prepare a second color using the same method. You only need about an inch of water in this bowl and a darker color works better for this step.
5. Add a tablespoon of oil and swirl with a fork or the Rada Handi-stir.
6. Take the same egg from step 2 and carefully swirl in the mixture with oil. Try not to let the egg touch the bottom of the bowl because it will ruin the swirl patterns on the egg.
7. Gently pat the egg dry with a paper towel or napkin. The eggs will be a little slippery because of the oil.
8. Allow eggs to air dry.
Try this Easter egg decorating idea this Easter and let us at Rada Cutlery know what you think!
How to Tie Die Eggs!
Looking for more cool and fun ideas for egg decorating? We have the lowdown on how to tie die eggs for a groovy look everyone will love!
Raise Funds and Do Good with Rada Cutlery!
Rada Cutlery has been a leader in the world of fundraising since its founding in 1948! Each year, tens of thousands of fundraisers meet and exceed their financial goals by partnering with Rada Cutlery to successfully raise money for worthy causes. Churches, schools, civic organizations, athletic clubs, charities, and many more groups find that Rada Cutlery helps them get where they need to be. All sales with Rada earn an astounding 40% profit, and our customer service is second to none!
Easter is a great time of the year to remember some of the non-profits who strive to make a positive difference. Easter Seals is an organization dedicated to providing services to people living with disabilities, so check them out and consider donating!
Rada Manufacturing Co. has been located in the American Midwest from the beginning. It’s our sincere belief that the American worker possesses unparalleled skill and work ethic, and our products reflect this. That’s why all Rada knives and kitchen utensils are backed with a Lifetime Guarantee!
Easy to make Bunny Cookies
Pin it to Pinterest!