Skip the bakery and make an incredible, opulent chocolate turtle cake at home. Layers of chocolate and frosting topped with caramel and turtle pieces make for a heavenly dessert that everyone will love. Take a look at the video or written instructions below to learn how to make this unbelievable chocolate cake for your friends and family!
Chocolate Turtle Cake Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- Unsweetened cocoa
- 1 C. pecans, chopped
- 1 pkg. devil’s food cake mix
- 1 container ready-to-spread cream cheese frosting
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 C. milk
- 1/2 C. canned dulce de leche
- 1 C. vegetable oil
- 2 pkgs. (7 oz.) turtle candies
- 16 oz. can ready-to-spread chocolate fudge frosting
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 C. pecans, toasted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9″ cake pans and dust with cocoa.
In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract for 1 minute.
Add instant pudding and beat again for 2 minutes.
Fold in chocolate morsels and chopped pecans.
Pour the batter into the prepared cake pans. Bake for 30 to 32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove from pans to wire racks and cool completely.
Wrap and chill the cake layers for at least 1 hour.
Whisk together cream cheese frosting and dulce de leche in a small bowl.
Take packages of turtle candies and cut 6 in half and set aside for the garnish. Dice the remaining turtle candies.
Using a serrated knife, slice cake layers in half horizontally and make 4 layers.
Place 1 layer cut side up on a cake plate. Spread with ½ cup of cream cheese frosting mixture and sprinkle with 1/3 of the diced turtle candies.
Repeat this twice.
Place the final cake layer on top of the cake cut side down.
Spread chocolate fudge frosting on the top and sides of the cake. Spread and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Before serving, drizzle caramel ice cream topping over the top of the cake. Garnish with the remaining candies and pecan halves. Store in the refrigerator.
Enjoy with friends and family!
A Phenomenal Steel Spreader!
The Rada Super Spreader is the best utensil for spreading creams, frosting, condiments, and more! This stainless steel kitchen tool is great for frosting pies or cakes, spreading condiments, cutting sandwiches and bread, serving, and all sorts of other tasks. You’ll find yourself reaching for this handy utensil again and again! It is backed with a Lifetime Guarantee, and, like all Rada Cutlery products, it’s made in the USA.
The Perfect Chef Knife!
The Rada French Chef Knife is the best knife around for any home chef! This large steel knife has a lengthy blade that easily cuts whatever food you need it to, from bananas to whole chickens, making it perfect for countless dishes. Use this once and you’ll find yourself using it over and over! Like all Rada products, it’s made in the USA and is backed by a Lifetime Guarantee.
How to Fundraise for Your Group!
Rada Cutlery has been the partner of choice for countless nonprofit groups since 1948. By partnering with Rada, your fundraiser has a number of advantages that will ensure success!
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. The Best Customer Service – Fundraising groups are known to rave about the quality of Rada’s customer service. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a hit in your community. Rada is a company built around fundraising, and countless groups have benefited from it!
2. Wonderful Products People Actually Want – Rada Cutlery offers cutlery, kitchen utensils, stoneware pans, cookbooks, and much more! Your supporters will love and use Rada products, making them appealing to buy and easy for you to sell. All cutlery, utensils, and gift sets are backed by a Lifetime Guarantee, so supporters can buy and use with confidence.
3. Enormous Profits on Sales – Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an amazing 40% average profit on items sold! That’s a far higher profit per sale than most fundraisers. When you fundraise with Rada, your group’s efforts go further than ever before!
4. Three Effective Ways to Sell – A Rada Cutlery fundraiser offers not one, not two, but three unique sales methods. Each method is designed to maximize your group’s profits! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true method that allows your group to offer catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers, who will place orders with you directly. Event sales involve your group selling Rada products directly, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Online sales utilize the power of the Internet to allow fundraisers to make easy sales to supporters close and far, as well as utilize popular social media platforms to appeal to friends, family, and even strangers. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
5. USA-Made Cutlery – Every Rada product is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unmatched skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Stop by our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Start a Successful Rada Fundraiser Today!
If you have a nonprofit group in need of funds, don’t wait another minute to get started on your Rada Cutlery fundraiser. Starting a Rada fundraiser is quick and easy:
- Request your free information packet. This will go into further detail and provide all the information you need.
- Order your fundraising materials. Depending on what kind of sales methods you are using, this could mean you are shipped catalogs, products, or both.
- Start your fundraiser. Let everyone know you’re fundraising with Rada Cutlery. Many know the Rada name and will jump at the chance to support your efforts.
- Submit your total order. Tally everything up and send it in. For sales over $1000, we have a convenient simple sorted order system to make the process a snap.
- Receive and distribute products. They’ll ship within two days, and then you can give your supporters what they ordered.
Made in the USA
Rada Cutlery is an American company that produces American-made products. Everything you buy from Rada is 100% made in the USA, meaning that your purchases support American workers and industry. All of our cutlery and kitchen utensils comes with a Lifetime Guarantee, meaning you can buy and use them with confidence!
Follow Rada Cutlery Online!
Rada Cutlery is on your favorite social media platform! Check us out for recipes, product information, and more!
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Chocolate Turtle Cake Video Recipe
Start Video Transcript
Hi, it’s Kristi in the Rada Cutlery kitchen, and today I want to show you how to make an incredible chocolate turtle cake.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 9” cake pans and dust with cocoa. Beat 1 package of devil’s food cake mix with 3 large eggs, 1 ¼ cups milk, 1 cup vegetable oil, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract on low with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Add 1 package of chocolate instant pudding and beat again on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate morsels and 1 cup chopped pecans.
Pour the batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the pans on wire racks for 10 minutes, then remove from pans to wire racks and cool completely. Wrap and chill the cake layers for at least 1 hour. Whisk together 1 container of cream cheese frosting and ½ cup of dulce de leche in a small bowl.
Take 2 packages of turtle candies and cut 6 in half and set aside for the garnish. Dice the remaining turtle candies. Using a serrated knife, slice cake layers in half horizontally and make 4 layers. Place 1 layer cut side up on a cake plate. Spread with ½ cup of cream cheese frosting mixture and sprinkle with 1/3 of the diced turtle candies. Repeat this twice.
Place the final cake layer on top of the cake cut side down. Spread chocolate fudge frosting on the top and sides of the cake. Spread and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve. Before serving, drizzle caramel ice cream topping over the top of the cake. Garnish with the remaining candies and pecan halves. Store in the refrigerator.
And there you have a delicious chocolate turtle cake! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more great recipes like this, and visit us on our website at RadaCutlery.com.
End of Video Transcript