Tired of your regular store-bought pancake mix? You can make them from scratch and they’ll taste better!
It can be tricky to get homemade pancakes just right, but check out these tips and you’ll have second-to-none pancakes in no time.
How to Make the Best Homemade Pancakes
What you will need:
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients with the Handi-Stir and stir until mixed but still a little lumpy. This recipe will easily feed 4 or 5 people but if needed you can easily double the recipe.
Set a non-stick skillet on high heat (you can test the desired heat by tossing some water on the skillet and seeing if it dances or not). Also, be sure that your skillet is greased with a little butter to help the pancakes brown.
Pour your batter in circles onto your skillet. Turn pancakes with a spatula when bubbles appear and edges seem dry. You’ll want a wide spatula head to make for a more accurate flip (click to view all Rada Cutlery Spatulas).
When your pancake has been cooked on both sides, slap it on a plate and enjoy with warm syrup and butter.
Eight Tips for Better Pancakes
Want to know some extra tips for making great pancakes? Or would you like to have some fun with the pancakes you’ve already made? Check it out:
1. Don’t overbeat the batter. It’s an easy mistake, but your pancakes will be much less fluffy if it’s beaten too much. You want a little lumpiness in there!
2. Use a ladle, a measuring cup, or an ice cream scoop to be sure that your pancakes are all about the same size. Try out Rada’s Non-Scratch Soup Ladle for this task.
3. Use a small amount of sugar in pancake batter and they will brown more quickly. It’s an easy way to add a little sweetness to your pancakes and also to get them done faster.
4. Put pancake batter in a ketchup bottle for perfect circles. Plus, this is a perfect mess-free way to make pancakes. Or try a turkey baster and write initials or make different shapes.
5. Give your pancakes some pizzazz. Ever tried chocolate chips, fruit, whipped cream, or granola over your pancakes? Have you ever tried them in the batter? It’s delicious! Keep in mind that if you’re tossing your added ingredients in the batter to evenly distribute them. Then they’ll be less likely to stick to the pan and burn.
6. Place oiled metal cookie cutters on the skillet to make shaped pancakes. This is fun for kids and really works!
7. Ever thought of making a pancake bar? Set out ingredients like jam, honey, peanut butter, powdered sugar, cinnamon, whipped cream, fresh fruit, chocolate chips, or frozen cookie dough bits. Then have your family or guests top their pancakes with whatever they’d like! It’s an easy way to make a simple breakfast fun. You can also add bacon, eggs, and other sides for a big breakfast.
BONUS TIP… Reduce shrinkage on your bacon by running cold water over it before frying.
8. Be patient. Perhaps the biggest tip to remember when making pancakes is to be patient – wait until the pancakes are ready to be flipped. When bubbles form around the edges of the pancake and the center looks firm, carefully pick the cake up and flip.
Make Your Pancakes with Rada
Rada Cutlery proudly manufactures 100% Made in the USA cutlery that you have seen demonstrated and shown above. Visit the Rada Kitchen Store to get your very own Rada Cutlery and make superior dishes every time.
Fundraising Product Idea
Did you know that your church, club, team, school or youth group can sell Rada Cutlery to make 40% profit? Click this link to learn more about Rada Fundraising.
Watch the Video
See how Kristy Kay makes pancakes in Rada’s video below.
Pin it to Pinterest!
Begin Pancake Video transcript
The ingredients you need are 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 3 teaspoons of baking powder, not baking soda, ½ teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar and ¾ cup of milk. If you like them thinner put in a little more milk; if you like your pancakes a little thicker use a little less milk.
So the first thing you need to do is lightly beat your egg. I’m going to use the Rada Handi-stir, then you can just add the ingredients as you go. Put in the flour, oil, baking powder, sugar and the salt. You kind of mix that together before I put in the milk. Then I just gradually add the milk.
So now I’m going to heat my pan up. I like to heat it somewhere between medium and medium-high. Now I’m going to spray some cooking spray, now this is a non-stick pan so you don’t need a lot. And I am going to use the new Rada Non-scratch spatula. I kind of let this come up to heat to about medium high. With the new Rada Soup Ladle, this hold about a third cup of batter, which to me makes about the perfect size cakes. And now what I am going to do is wait until the edge starts to look kind of dry looking and you’ll have little bubbles in the middle.
So now the edges are getting dry looking and you can flip them up and look underneath, and then just flip ‘em. And you will actually see them lift off the pan as they bake, that’s what the baking powder does, makes them light and fluffy. And you might have to adjust the temperature if you think they are cooking too fast, a lot of times I keep sliding this around, keep it at least at medium.
Easy, made from scratch, pancakes.
End Pancake Video Transcript.