Make this incredible cod recipe for a spring or summer meal the whole family will love. Featuring flaky fish on a delicious kale bed, this easy cod dinner is quite the culinary catch!
Baked Cod Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 1/2 lbs. cod loins cut into 3-4″ sections
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 1/4 C. rice wine vinegar
- 2 T. grated ginger
- 1 lime, juiced and zest
- 1/4 C. soy sauce
- Sesame seeds
- 1 package kale, washed and chopped
- 2 T. unrefined coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Ground chili paste
- Red pepper flake (optional)
Start by making the marinade. Combine 2 tablespoons sesame oil, 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons grated ginger, 1 lime, juiced and zest, and red pepper flake (optional).
Pour marinade over 2 1/2 lbs. cod loins. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
In a saucepan, cook 2 sliced garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil, ground chili paste, and 2 tablespoons water.
Add 1 package washed and chopped kale.
Stir and cook until ready.
Once fish has baked, plate on top of a bed of kale.
Serve and enjoy!
The Best Whisk for Your Kitchen!
The Rada Handi-Stir is a wire whisk without peer! This utensil has a unique design that reaches corners and bottoms of pans for maximum mixing contact. Use it to mix sauces, eggs, batters, gravies, and so much more. The Handi-Stir is made in the USA and backed by a Lifetime Guarantee!
The Best Stone Baking Pan!
The Rada Rectangular Baker is an unbeatable stoneware pan that belongs in every cook’s kitchen! Featuring a proprietary clay construction, this lead-free pan absorbs heat for an even baking temperature. It’s also dishwasher safe, and is proudly made in the USA!
The Perfect Knife for Any Chef!
The Rada French Chef Knife is the best knife for preparing all kinds of recipes! This large stainless steel knife features a lengthy blade that easily cuts bigger foods such as many fruits and vegetables, as well as meats, fish, and more. Use this once and you’ll find yourself reaching for it over and over! Like all Rada products, it’s made in the USA, and like all Rada knives and utensils, it comes with a Lifetime Guarantee!
The Top Fundraising Experience!
Tens of thousands of nonprofit groups choose Rada Cutlery as their fundraising partner every year! Hosting a Rada fundraiser comes with a number of decisive advantages that help ensure a successful effort!
Here are five reasons why Rada Cutlery is your the best choice for all kinds of fundraising:
1. Products People Want – Rada Cutlery offers 26 phenomenal knives as well as 21 kitchen utensils, 42 cookbooks, and six stoneware baking pans. 28 gift sets make the perfect present, while 43 delicious Quick Mixes make incredible dishes. A Lifetime Guarantee protects all cutlery, utensils, and gift sets, so Rada products last for life!
2. Huge Profits on Sales – Most fundraisers offer small profits, but Rada Cutlery fundraisers give your group an incredible 40% average profit on items sold. Your group’s tireless efforts go even further with Rada!
3. Three Ways to Sell – A Rada fundraiser offers a variety of sales methods, each designed to maximize your group’s profit! Catalog sales is a tried-and-true, classic sales method that sees your group offering catalogs to friends, family, neighbors, and coworkers. Event sales feature a personal touch, taking advantage of friendly crowds and physical interaction with our stellar products. Last but not least is online sales, which lets you utilize the power of the Internet to make easy sales to supporters close and far. Use one, two, or all three methods to earn money for your cause!
4. Amazing Customer Service – Fundraisers are known to rave about the quality of Rada’s customer service. Our friendly, knowledgeable representatives are committed to helping each fundraiser be a success!
5. American-Made Kitchen Products – Every Rada product, without exception, is made entirely in the USA. American workers craft each item with unparalleled skill, making products your group and its supporters can be proud of. Visit our website to learn more about how our employees’ skill and dedication make Rada products the best for your fundraiser!
Follow Rada Online!
Check us out on your favorite social media platform for the latest recipes, news, and more offered by Rada Cutlery!
- Rada Cutlery on Facebook
- Rada Cutlery on Google +
- Rada Cutlery on Pinterest
- Rada Cutlery on Twitter
- Rada Cutlery on YouTube
Oven-Baked Cod Video Recipe
Start Video Transcript
Hi, Jess in the Rada Kitchen, thanks for joining me. Today I’m going to prepare a baked codfish that is going to be seasoned with sesame oil and ginger and it’ll be served over chili-infused sautéed kale. We’re going to start by marinating our fish!
We’re going to make enough marinade for 2.5 pounds of fish. I’m going to start this marinade with some low sodium soy sauce, about ¼ cup. Some rice wine vinegar. Just a few tablespoons. I like a little bit of spice so I’m going to add red pepper flake and a teaspoon of red sesame oil. We’re going to add a little bit more at the end.
I have a knob of fresh ginger that we’ve already peeled the skin off of. We’re just going to go ahead and grate a tablespoon of fresh ginger. Now we’re going to zest our lime. You’re going to want about a teaspoon. So let’s go ahead and cut our lime in half and then we’ll use our juice for the whole thing. And then go ahead and give it all a whisk with our Handi-Stir and we’re going to pour it over our fish.
Here you can see I have my cod loin sectioned off into about 3 to 4 inch pieces. We will pour that marinade over the fish. You’ll want to let this marinate for at least 15 minutes and up to 3 hours. The fish needs to be at room temperature when you put it into the oven.
So our marinade has done its thing. I’ve topped this off with a few more shakes of sesame oil and sesame seed. It’s going to go into a 400 degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. In my pan I have a couple teaspoons of unrefined coconut oil. To that I’m going to add 2 big cloves of sliced garlic and then some ground chili paste. Just stir it up in your pan.
Now we’re ready to add our washed and chopped kale. Give it a stir. As you can see our kale is getting bright and green. Just a few more minutes and it should be ready. We’re going to add a little rice wine vinegar. It’s going to make our pan steam a little. And then some salt and pepper. So we’ve added about 2 tablespoons of water to our pan. Now we’ll remove this from our stove and plate it with our fish.
And there you have a baked codfish! Thanks so much for joining me. Be sure to visit our website at RadaCutlery.com, and to subscribe to our YouTube channel.
End of Video Transcript