Enjoy a delectable breakfast with this recipe for apple oatmeal! This recipe gives a sweet flavor to your plain oatmeal but stays healthy without so much sugar. So enjoy a good start to your day with this tasty apple breakfast treat.
How to Make Apple Oatmeal
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 apple, any variety, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/3 C. apple juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 1/3 c. quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Vanilla yogurt and chopped walnuts, optional
Peel your apples. Try using the Rada Vegetable Peeler for this task.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine apples, apple juice, oats, cinnamon and salt.
Bring mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in honey and vanilla.
Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve hot, topped with yogurt and sprinkling of walnuts if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Apple Peeling with the Best Peeler
This recipe, like many others involving apples, calls for peeling of the skin.
If you’re looking for the right tool for this task, you might want to try the Rada Vegetable Peeler. With a blade that swivels with whatever you are peeling, you’re sure to get the best peel every time using this tool. And a super sharp blade makes it even better. You can peel very thin without applying too much pressure. This tool is also great for cutting a variety of vegetables such as potatoes, carrots and cucumbers as well as making chocolate curls.
Some other wonderful Rada Cutlery products to use with apples include:
- Granny Paring Knife – The smallest knife we sell at Rada Cutlery, you’ll find that it is excellent for cutting apples, particularly granny apples! It’s easy to peel any small fruit or vegetable with this knife with curved blade.
- Serrated Pie Server – Use this tool to slice up and serve homemade apple pie! The serrated edges make it easy to slice up a pie.
Here are some great products Rada offers for the apple-lover in your life:
- 101 Recipes with Apples – Find this recipe and 100 more apple recipes in this Rada Cookbook. Have you ever had Apple Zucchini Bread before?
- Apple Pie Soy Wax Candle – Fill your home with the sweet aroma of homemade apple pie with this astounding Rada Soy Wax Candle. Soy wax candles are better because they burn longer and release a stronger scent that will last.
- Rada Sweet Dips – These sweet dip quick mixes make excellent snacks when paired with apple slices. Try White Chocolate Raspberry Sweet Dip, Key Lime Sweet Dip, Vanilla Latte Sweet Dip, and Island Coconut Sweet Dip.
A Tasty Breakfast Treat
Watch the video below to learn some added tips while making this apple oatmeal recipe.
Apple Oatmeal Video Transcript:
Hi, Kristi in the Rada Kitchen. I’m making Apple Oatmeal, one of the recipes in our 101 Recipes with Apples cookbook. You need a medium sized apple, any variety, and I’m going to use the Rada Vegetable Peeler to peel that and then we’ll chop it up. You’ll want to core it and finely chop it. To do this, I like to use the Rada Heavy Duty Paring Knife.
Now add the chopped apples to a medium saucepan. To that, we’re going to add 2/3 cup apple juice, 1 1/3 cups quick cooking rolled oats, a teaspoon of ground cinnamon, a half teaspoon of salt. Bring this to a boil and cook it for one minute.
So I brought the mixture to a boil and boiled for one minute. Now add a teaspoon of vanilla and two teaspoons of honey. Stir that in and cover it for five minutes before serving. After five minutes, it’s ready to serve. Top it with vanilla yogurt, and if you prefer, walnuts. There’s a delicious homemade breakfast in less than ten minutes. One of the 101 Recipes with Apples cookbook.
End of Apple Oatmeal Video Transcript.