How to Make Heavenly Strawberry Dessert
One of the best parts of summer are the gatherings of friends and family for picnics, potlucks and barbecues! You can wow ’em at your next party by bringing this Heavenly Strawberry Dessert recipe from the cookbook Picnics, Potlucks and BBQs.
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 0z) carton whipped topping
- 1 (10”) prepared angel food cake
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (18 oz) jar strawberry glaze
1. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
2.Fold in whipped topping and set aside.
3. Tear the angel food cake into small pieces and place in the bottom of a 9″ x 13” baking dish. Here, Kristy is using the Rada Rectangular Baker. Visit this Rada Kitchen Store link to check out all Rada Cutlery Stoneware products.
4. Using a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper, press the cake pieces down into the baking dish.
5. Spread the whipped topping mixture over cake layer.
6. In a separate bowl, combine sliced strawberries and glaze, mixing until strawberries are evenly coated.
7. Spread glazed strawberries over whipped topping mixture on cake.
8. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
This recipe comes from “Picnics, Potlucks and BBQs: Great Recipes.” In it, you can find terrific finger foods, salads, casseroles and deep dishes, grilled and barbecued meats, and desserts perfect for outdoor eating. Spicy pretzels, tomato basil squares, honey apple salad, hamburger hobo pie, shrimp kabobs, and cinnamon rasin pie are all yours in this Rada cookbook.
Tips for a Festive Get-Together
If you’re planning a picnic, reunion, potluck or backyard party, get creative as you prepare for your guests and try these suggestions using items you can find around your house:
- Need an extra table? Use two saw horses with boards across the top.
- For a table cloth, use a thin-quilted blanket, surplus fabric pieces sewn together, beach towels, or an unused curtain you have tucked away.
- Use fresh cut flowers from your garden, potted flowers or wild flowers for centerpieces.
- Keep the drinks cool in a clean wheelbarrow or birdbath filled with ice. You could also hollow out a watermelon shell and fill it with ice.
A Fun Fundraising Idea!
Fundraising can be a blast when done with Rada Cutlery! Nonprofit groups that partner with Rada Cutlery can offer our huge variety of incredible kitchen products through three distinct sales methods. People love Rada products because of their great value and superior quality, making sales easy and fun! Churches, schools, sports teams, civic organizations, charities, and more meet and exceed their goals each year by partnering with Rada Cutlery.
Heavenly Strawberry Dessert Recipe Video
Watch Kristy Kay’s video to get step by step instructions on how to create your own dish of Heavenly Strawberry Dessert.
Pin it to Pinterest!
Hi, Kristy in the Rada kitchen and today I am going to make a Heavenly Strawberry Dessert. This is out of our cookbook called Pinics, Potlucks and BBQ’s. So next time you get invited to one of these you can take something better than an ordinary bucket of chicken or the plain old pan of brownies. We have finger foods in here, there’s casseroles, side dishes, grilled meats and some really good desserts. In this book there’s 120 recipes so your sure to find something that everybodys going to love. So today I am going to make the Heavenly Strawberry Dessert.
You will need a 9 x 13″ baking dish. I’m going to use the Rada 9 x 13 Rectangular Stoneware Baker. You will need a quart of sliced strawberries, a cup of sugar, a 10″ prepared angel food cake, a carton of whipped topping, 18 oz strawberry glaze and 2 packages of cream cheese, softened.
So now you’re going to take your softened cream cheese and a bowl and 1 cup of sugar and I’m going to use the Rada Handi-stir to mix the sugar and cream cheese. It takes a little bit to kind of get the sugar worked in and then once you get that worked in you should be able to easily whip that up. Then we are going to fold in our whipped topping. Now you fold this in because you don’t want to lose the fluffiness of the whipped topping so you just gently lift and fold. So next we are going to slice up our angel food cake. I am going to use the Rada 6″ Bread Slicer. It easily cuts through. Now I am going to go this way. If you want to tear them up if they are too big and make them into all different sizes. Then you are going to take a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper and your going to lay that over top of your angel food cake pieces and you’re going to smash them down, take all of the fluff out of them. So now you take your cool whip, cream cheese mixture and spread that over the angel food cake slices until it’s all even. So next we are going to mix our sliced strawberries. Now I use the peeling paring to slice these. It’s easy to take out the stems, it’s super sharp, it slices very easy. Ok, so once you have your sliced strawberries you’re going to mix that with the glaze. An 18 oz. container and we’re going to mix that into the slice strawberries. And you want to mix it until all the strawberries and evenly coated and now we’re going to spread this over our cool whip cream cheese layer. Just evenly spread it in all the corners and then you’ll put this in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until serving.
So our Heavenly Strawberry Dessert has been in the refrigerator for about 2 hours it’s very beautiful and tasty. I’m going to cut a piece out for you with the Mini Server. Impress your friends at your next BBQ or potluck. Find more recipes in the Picnics, Potlucks and BBQ’s cookbook!